Accenture

www.accenture.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great place if you are ambitious. No work life balance

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Clear path and track to partnership. Great learning and development.

Cons

No work life balance. You will travel cross coundtry on a weekly basis, and add to the plane ride 70 hours work weeks. Up or out model; its sink or swim.

Be more transparent about promotions. Allow your employees to actually have a life.

10216 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Great experience until you burn out

Current Employee - Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great experience: you learn a lot in a short period. You are given significant responsibility once your immediate project manager has confidence in you, and it's up to you to build from there. The work you do is relevant and more concrete than what you'd find at many other consulting firms, although you initially have little say in which projects you undertake (and once you do, you may be specialized in an area you would not have initially pursued). It's a good name for a resume. People are generally very smart and amiable, and the atmosphere is collaborative.

Cons

Burnout: since the recession, hours have noticeably increased and the job has gone from intensive to overwhelming. You don't want to calculate your implied hourly wage. You get significant PTO, but many individuals struggle to take time off and only do so once they've 'maxed out' and will lose it at the end of the year. Work-life balance, in summary, is atrocious. I know several senior people who have missed the birth of children to put out project 'fires', and personally, I am expected to be available and checking email 24x7 (it's the first thing I do in the morning and last thing I do at night, including weekends). Also, the annual review process leaves something to be desired; tenure sometimes outweighs merit in promotion decisions.

Accenture is a factory, but there are still benefits to keeping people around for long periods.

Accenture Consulting

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Get to test different positions

Cons

No life, too much travel, horrible 'in-town" model

Pay your employees better, provide better bonus opportunities

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture