Accenture

www.accenture.com

Accenture REALLY is a great place to work

Management Consulting Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAccenture is a world class company in my opinion. There is no company I can think of (even the other large consulting firms) where I would be provided a diverse a range of opportunities (industry, technology, process, strategy, etc), and know that I represent a company who ranks at the very top of service in each of these areas. The network is amazing. Even the people you rarely interact with are available to provide assistance in their respective SME areas, and assist in making both you and the company successful as we position ourselves to design and implement world class solutions of all sorts. Whether you are looking for a long term career or somewhere to grow your toolset and be exposed to a number of different business experiences quickly, Accenture is a great place to work. I plan on staying here for the foreseeable future, and have worked hard to assist my friends in joining a company I think takes very good care of its top tier of performers. Sky is the limit. It will obviously require some hard work, and dedication; however, if you are willing to give it your all Accenture really will provide great rewards (all around) in return.

ConsThe only real downsides I see with the company as a whole relative to other consulting firms are its size, and occasional bureaucracy. You need to be willing to navigate many elements of your own career. While Accenture gives you all the tools you need to solicit support (e.g., career counselors, mentors, training, etc), your counselor and mentors all have multiple people they support and a full time job as a consultant; therefore, while they will be willing to help - you need to be able to communicate your needs, and be ready to implement their advice individually. The size can be overwhelming at times, and add the complexity it getting certain things accomplished; however, it is this same size that provides many of the great strategic advantages we bring to the table, and are rewarded by individual in terms of our network, etc. Salaries are sometimes slightly less than competitors; however, I think we have been working to close that gap, and the added experiential benefits (from my perspective) far outweigh the opportunity for a few thousand extra dollars in salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice is to continue working to find meaningful ways to reward our top (and consistent) performers. In order to continue our strong growth and performance we need to ensure our ability to attract and retain the best people.

Fun, Great Career Launcher, But Sometimes A Bit Boring

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Reston, VA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros: The best thing about working for Accenture is the great amount of knowledgeable people you work with and the variety of opportunities… Cons: Sometimes the company is more concerned with head count for a project instead of what is delivered, sometimes causing the hiring of a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Become a bit more strict in your hiring process. This will allow you to weed out more of the… More

It Depends

Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros: Great People - this is by far the number one reason I stay. You will always have a few in management who doesn't know… Cons: No clear career growth path at the moment for those who want to grow with in the company. No focus on leadership training which… Advice to Senior Management: On the MCIM side - management needs to invest more on developing their people on the leadership front. Hence - if Accenture wants to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Accenture.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!