Accenture

www.accenture.com
  www.accenture.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Accenture REALLY is a great place to work

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Accenture is a world class company in my opinion. There is no company I can think of (even the other large consulting firms) where I would be provided a diverse a range of opportunities (industry, technology, process, strategy, etc), and know that I represent a company who ranks at the very top of service in each of these areas. The network is amazing. Even the people you rarely interact with are available to provide assistance in their respective SME areas, and assist in making both you and the company successful as we position ourselves to design and implement world class solutions of all sorts. Whether you are looking for a long term career or somewhere to grow your toolset and be exposed to a number of different business experiences quickly, Accenture is a great place to work. I plan on staying here for the foreseeable future, and have worked hard to assist my friends in joining a company I think takes very good care of its top tier of performers. Sky is the limit. It will obviously require some hard work, and dedication; however, if you are willing to give it your all Accenture really will provide great rewards (all around) in return.

Cons

The only real downsides I see with the company as a whole relative to other consulting firms are its size, and occasional bureaucracy. You need to be willing to navigate many elements of your own career. While Accenture gives you all the tools you need to solicit support (e.g., career counselors, mentors, training, etc), your counselor and mentors all have multiple people they support and a full time job as a consultant; therefore, while they will be willing to help - you need to be able to communicate your needs, and be ready to implement their advice individually. The size can be overwhelming at times, and add the complexity it getting certain things accomplished; however, it is this same size that provides many of the great strategic advantages we bring to the table, and are rewarded by individual in terms of our network, etc. Salaries are sometimes slightly less than competitors; however, I think we have been working to close that gap, and the added experiential benefits (from my perspective) far outweigh the opportunity for a few thousand extra dollars in salary.

My only advice is to continue working to find meaningful ways to reward our top (and consistent) performers. In order to continue our strong growth and performance we need to ensure our ability to attract and retain the best people.

9447 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Fun, Great Career Launcher, But Sometimes A Bit Boring

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

The best thing about working for Accenture is the great amount of knowledgeable people you work with and the variety of opportunities to be found within one company. It is also a great resume builder as it is a very well known and respected company.

Cons

Sometimes the company is more concerned with head count for a project instead of what is delivered, sometimes causing the hiring of a lot of incompetent people trying to work with technology that they do not have a proficiency for. This leads to a major degradation in the delivered product and questions of ethics. Also, promotions will be given based off not only hard work, but schmoozing as well.

Become a bit more strict in your hiring process. This will allow you to weed out more of the folks who aren't meant to be in the industry and allow you to pay the people you want more.

It Depends

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great People - this is by far the number one reason I stay. You will always have a few in management who doesn't know how to manage, or you wonder why he/she is where they are, but all in all, after 4 projects, I have always enjoyed working with the people both on the Accenture side as well as the client side. Accenture could do a better job of fostering their best people and to take a more proactive role in developing/honing their leadership skills.

Cons

No clear career growth path at the moment for those who want to grow with in the company. No focus on leadership training which is desperately needed. Many senior executives are from the Andersen days - and if we look at the Managers and Sr. Managers now - and at the type of work Accenture are doing - Accenture is looking more like a SAP tech shop than anything else.

On the MCIM side - management needs to invest more on developing their people on the leadership front. Hence - if Accenture wants to live up to their hype of "High Performance. Delivered.", Accenture needs to look at the capital they have, hone the leadership skills of their people - becuase in the end - this is what the clients will expect.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture