There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Not a bad place to start a career

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great opportunities to be a subject matter expert, lots of talented co-workers, encourage socializing after hours, have easy access to talk to upper management and experienced teammates. Starting pay is good and it looks nice on a resume.

Cons

work-life balance varies greatly depending on which project your are staffed on, a large part of how much you enjoy your job depends on who you are working with, lots of bereaucracy you must learn to navigate around.

Should value lower level employees more because on projects they are doing most of the delivery work.

8815 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Great consulting company

Current Employee - IT Strategy Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Strategy Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

This is a great opportunity to work with high level management and get real tech strategy experience. One of the biggest and best names in the industry.

Cons

Travel is a pain. The workforce is large. You have to manage your own career actively. Tech is really the biggest strength.

Focus on developing a better brand in the strategy side of the business. Differentiate the group by using a different name.

Great place to gain a lot of experience

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

I was thrown into a lot of projects which at first is very scary. But jumping in, helped me learn A LOT. I have been able to work from home for the past couple years which has been nice as well.
    I also felt the compensation was fair for the work I was doing.

They also offer trainings which are nice (both online based and classroom based). They also do a nice all day meeting with SR Execs and lunch when you get a promotion. There's also a lot of networking and social opportunities since a lot of the employees are on different projects.

Cons

Onboarding was a challenge. My first day, they didn't give me a specific time to meet. I came early (around 7:30) and ended up waiting a few hours for the HR Rep to come in. I think it was just a miscommunication but I was wondering if I had a job or not. I also had to start at the client project that same day and did not have orientation until two weeks later. While trying to figure out my client project work, I had to do some mandatory trainings and coordinate going to orientation at the same time. This was a challenge. I'm glad I stuck through it though. It has been worth it.

N/A