There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Good place to work early in your career

Current Employee - Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

The people at Accenture are driven, young and fun. Normally, you work in diverse environments; however, there are a few instances with the "old boys' club" mentality. I loved being surrounded by leadership who were supportive and looked out for your best interests. This aspect is, of course, hit or miss.

If you find work that you like, it is not bad working long hours early in your career. You will excel if you are smart and dedicated. The company is always evolving to make processes better. Everyone receives a 15% discount on the stock, which is a great aspect.

Cons

Work / Life Balance is hard to maintain if you want to be rated well, even if leadership supports it. It is difficult to find local projects with a role that fits. Much of the time people are promoted based on their relationship with senior leadership, rather than theire performance. Leadership often favors certain people, those are the people who are rated the best. I think that happens at many companies though.

Good oppurtunities are difficult to find locally. This becomes almost critical if you are a woman with children. There are areas outside of consulting that may fit, but they are not as fulfilling to me.

Find good oppurtunities for your people. Look for oppurtunities close to home.

8635 Other Employee Reviews for Accenture (View Most Recent)

Put in your tough 4 or 5 years, learn the methodolgy, then go elsewhere for big money and work/life balance!

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Accenture taught me to far exceed my client's expectations in order to remain entrenched in customer endeavors and consistently generate revenue through follow-on projects. In my three years I was consistently pushed beyond my comfort zone to eventually provide my customer's with truly valuable deliverables.
    Employees were promoted based on merit and accomplishments rather than seniority.
    Accenture’s annual review process provided valuable feedback on how others perceived my consultative approach and work product.

Cons

Long Hours: If you are awake you're typically working
    As a senior consultant, my bonus was only 5% of base salary (though I did have the option to purchase stock at 15% discount)
    Travel: 4 or 5 days on the road gets old after a few years

The best Managers/Directors I worked with were always assuring their subordinates were having fun while on the road.

Happy with Accenture so far.

Current Employee - Level D  in  Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Level D in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Accenture has a very diverse array of projects to choose from. If your current project is not to your liking, it's very easy to look for and apply for other positions withing the company. I feel that Accenture is trying to expand into new and interesting areas, since my company was acquired by Accenture in order to break into our area. During the transition, we have been informed and updated about new procedures and policies, which is not usual for most large companies. I feel that I will be able to grow in my current job, and I already have a definite path for advancement.

Cons

I prefer working for a small company, but so far, this large company is OK.

Don't make the performance appraisal process so complicated.

There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!