Accenture
3.6 of 5 7,194 reviews
www.accenture.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Good place to work early in your career

Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Accenture

ProsThe people at Accenture are driven, young and fun. Normally, you work in diverse environments; however, there are a few instances with the "old boys' club" mentality. I loved being surrounded by leadership who were supportive and looked out for your best interests. This aspect is, of course, hit or miss.

If you find work that you like, it is not bad working long hours early in your career. You will excel if you are smart and dedicated. The company is always evolving to make processes better. Everyone receives a 15% discount on the stock, which is a great aspect.

ConsWork / Life Balance is hard to maintain if you want to be rated well, even if leadership supports it. It is difficult to find local projects with a role that fits. Much of the time people are promoted based on their relationship with senior leadership, rather than theire performance. Leadership often favors certain people, those are the people who are rated the best. I think that happens at many companies though.

Good oppurtunities are difficult to find locally. This becomes almost critical if you are a woman with children. There are areas outside of consulting that may fit, but they are not as fulfilling to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind good oppurtunities for your people. Look for oppurtunities close to home.

Great place to work, just ain't for everyone

Consultant (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture

Pros: Work with competent, talented, hard working people. Opportunities to volunteer for local organizations, even travel to third world countries to help and still get paid.… Cons: Cut-throat competition, traveling gets old after a while. Easy to gain weight when traveling. Some managers are too high-strung. Working with some of our clients… Advice to Senior Management: More mentoring time for young starters. It's a huge company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Put in your tough 4 or 5 years, learn the methodolgy, then go elsewhere for big money and work/life balance!

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture

Pros: Accenture taught me to far exceed my client's expectations in order to remain entrenched in customer endeavors and consistently generate revenue through follow-on projects. … Cons: Long Hours: If you are awake you're typically working As a senior consultant, my bonus was only 5% of base salary (though I… Advice to Senior Management: The best Managers/Directors I worked with were always assuring their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Accenture.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.