There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Good place to work early in your career

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

The people at Accenture are driven, young and fun. Normally, you work in diverse environments; however, there are a few instances with the "old boys' club" mentality. I loved being surrounded by leadership who were supportive and looked out for your best interests. This aspect is, of course, hit or miss.

If you find work that you like, it is not bad working long hours early in your career. You will excel if you are smart and dedicated. The company is always evolving to make processes better. Everyone receives a 15% discount on the stock, which is a great aspect.

Cons

Work / Life Balance is hard to maintain if you want to be rated well, even if leadership supports it. It is difficult to find local projects with a role that fits. Much of the time people are promoted based on their relationship with senior leadership, rather than theire performance. Leadership often favors certain people, those are the people who are rated the best. I think that happens at many companies though.

Good oppurtunities are difficult to find locally. This becomes almost critical if you are a woman with children. There are areas outside of consulting that may fit, but they are not as fulfilling to me.

Advice to Management

Find good oppurtunities for your people. Look for oppurtunities close to home.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Put in your tough 4 or 5 years, learn the methodolgy, then go elsewhere for big money and work/life balance!

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Accenture taught me to far exceed my client's expectations in order to remain entrenched in customer endeavors and consistently generate revenue through follow-on projects. In my three years I was consistently pushed beyond my comfort zone to eventually provide my customer's with truly valuable deliverables.
    Employees were promoted based on merit and accomplishments rather than seniority.
    Accenture’s annual review process provided valuable feedback on how others perceived my consultative approach and work product.

Cons

Long Hours: If you are awake you're typically working
    As a senior consultant, my bonus was only 5% of base salary (though I did have the option to purchase stock at 15% discount)
    Travel: 4 or 5 days on the road gets old after a few years

Advice to Management

The best Managers/Directors I worked with were always assuring their subordinates were having fun while on the road.

Great place to gain experience

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Accenture attracts some of the most talented grads and allows them to expand on whatever it is they do best. Whether you're happy here or not completely depends on who your managers are and what projects you are on. Everyone can have a very different experience at this company, but no matter what you will come away with a valuable experience.

Cons

The promotion and annual review process is severely lacking. It's a political process that requires the right people backing you at the right time. Very little matters what you did in the past 3 years when promotion time rolls around, it's only the past 6-12 months that matter then. In the meantime, the annual review process is treated as a bell curve so, it's quite difficult to get a very high rating which in turn would give you a higher raise. The process also does not allow you to compare yourself with your peers since your are compared with everyone in the company worldwide.

Advice to Management

Fix the annual review process, and if people are doing well, don't punish them by "bumping them down" for no good reason other than, other people did just as well.