There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

A great place to start a career.

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Great place to start your career. The training opportunities are fantastic at each level - and for those who take initiative to make 'training happen', it only gets better.

Diversity of experience - The work can be interesting, and I've always felt the true value derived from a consulting career is broad exposure to multiple client environments.

Cons

The hours can be very demanding, with very little payback. If you're willing to work long hours as a new professional, technology consulting at Accenture will not reward you the way it used to (when Analysts and Consultants received pay for every hour of overtime worked). I made more my first year as a consultant than I did my first year as a manager (3 years later) - so I decided to leave and take a job in industry which payed 30% more.

Advice to Management

Be honest and be frank with the project team you are responsible for. Too I found senior executives unwilling to listen to good ideas from junior staff members.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work for those who can handle travel

Current Employee - Management Consulting Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great People
    Network of Experts / Materials that can be leveraged
    Interesting work with major clients
    Ability for high performers to advance up through Senior Manager level
    Working from home on Fridays helps balance out being on the road for 4 days / 3 nights every week
    Skills learned on job make you very marketable
    Hotel and airline points help reduce cost of vacations
    4 weeks of PTO every year
    Opportunity to change projects / clients to keep job interesting

Cons

Travel
    Difficulty of delivery-focused resources to advance to Senior Executive; criteria for promotion to Senior Executive is heavily focused on consistent client sales over multiple year period

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue current strategies

Horrible supervisor ruined my experience at Accenture.

Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Name recognition. The quality of employees is fairly high, mostly intelligent people. Some decent perks like dinners and lunches paid for by the company.

Cons

Terrible promotion process. The performance rating system is completely subjective. There is little visibility on how people are reviewed. You have a few people who either make or break your career. You may end up having a ridiculously unintelligent and incompetent supervisor who will destroy your chances for promotion, and there is little visibility on how he or she rates you. The rating system is completely determined by peoples subjective view of you, rather than your actual performance. If you find a manager or career counselor here then stay, otherwise you are set for a mediocre career at Accenture at best

Advice to Management

Senior Management needs to gain better insight on how their employees are enjoying their experiences at Accenture. They need to revamp the performance and review process as it is not evaluating employees on the correct metrics.