There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Exactly what you would expect with a big consulting company...

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

In the consulting workforce, you have the opportunity to get promoted quickly. You also get a pretty nice benefits package. Good training options, health, ESPP, and 401k matching.

Cons

As other people have mentioned, pay at Accenture lags market averages. There also is the politics thing others have mentioned, but I think this is something that you should expect EVERYWHERE. People have impressions about you that are deeper than what you perceive your performance to be. I have accepted the fact that politics is a part of the game and learned to play it. I would suggest the same to anyone else.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. There are many times where management will ask younger people to put in longer hours while they go home or go golfing, etc.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Terrific opportunities and people but the high intensity nature of the work can put strain on work-life balance.

Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

The people are great at Accenture. Every team I've been a part of has been composed of some of the most dynamic and committed people I've ever come across. I truly leave every project with at least a handful of good friends who I'll keep in contact with and who will help my professional network grow even stronger. I've also been very pleased with the career growth opportunities I've been given. I think that most projects will give you the opportunity to stretch yourself to really develop a new set of skills or a new level of confidence you that might not get elsewhere.

Cons

Accenture tends to push a very work-life balance focused agenda (both when recruiting and with existing employees). For the most part, I think it's a little difficult or impractical to take advantage of some of the Accenture-offered programs and approaches that would allow a consultant to achieve a better work-life balance (flexible work schedule, shared roles, etc). In my experience, I've never had a supervisor on the project suggest these as a possible option. Further, I have heard from trusted colleagues that the options have actually been dismissed or discredited when raised as a possibility in a meeting where they were trying to acheive a better balance.

Advice to Management

Check your personal relationships at the door when reviewing performance and promotability. In a company this size, there will obviously be people that "slip through the net" and get promoted when they're not deserving, but some of the personal and political relationships that play into these decisions does this company a disservice.

2. ACN - An OK place to work

Current Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

It looks good on your resume for future jobs and there are some pretty decent discounts on consumer products available

Cons

No work life balance and super low pay for anything entry level

Advice to Management

Try and make employees experience more enjoyable so they won't want to leave