There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Exactly what you would expect with a big consulting company...

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

In the consulting workforce, you have the opportunity to get promoted quickly. You also get a pretty nice benefits package. Good training options, health, ESPP, and 401k matching.

Cons

As other people have mentioned, pay at Accenture lags market averages. There also is the politics thing others have mentioned, but I think this is something that you should expect EVERYWHERE. People have impressions about you that are deeper than what you perceive your performance to be. I have accepted the fact that politics is a part of the game and learned to play it. I would suggest the same to anyone else.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. There are many times where management will ask younger people to put in longer hours while they go home or go golfing, etc.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Consulting Company

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great exposure to a variety of work. Great networking potentials with all of the clients and travel opportunities if you're into that sort of thing. Clients respect your advice coming from a reputable consulting company such as Accenture.

Cons

Lots of travel. Don't work here if you are intending to stay in the same place for a long period of time. There's lots of corporate politics that get in the way of everyday business. If you like seeing your products come to fruition, this is not the place for you since the projects are often only for a part of the product development process.

Advice to Management

You seem to be doing a decent job.

2. Great company, lots to offer the talented people, as long as you have the energy to keep charging ahead

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

1) Maximum flexibility in my job - I am able to work at home or at Accenture's offices around the bay area.
    2) Great people - i have found my colleagues to be very committed to helping us grow as a company.
    3) Great training opportunities - hundreds of online courses that we can take anytime, and many live courses that help us develop new skills.
    4) Once you have been there a few years and people get a sense of what you can do, opportunities abound.

Cons

1) We are a huge company - 180,000 - and you need strong communication capabilities to get noticed.
    2) You have to be a bit pushy to compete with all the Type A personalities in Accenture.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to the local organizations, and make sure you dedicate some time to meet people in the far flung locations (like San Francisco and Los Angeles).