There are newer employer reviews for Accenture

Great company, lots to offer the talented people, as long as you have the energy to keep charging ahead

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

1) Maximum flexibility in my job - I am able to work at home or at Accenture's offices around the bay area.
2) Great people - i have found my colleagues to be very committed to helping us grow as a company.
3) Great training opportunities - hundreds of online courses that we can take anytime, and many live courses that help us develop new skills.
4) Once you have been there a few years and people get a sense of what you can do, opportunities abound.

Cons

1) We are a huge company - 180,000 - and you need strong communication capabilities to get noticed.
2) You have to be a bit pushy to compete with all the Type A personalities in Accenture.

Continue to reach out to the local organizations, and make sure you dedicate some time to meet people in the far flung locations (like San Francisco and Los Angeles).

reviews filtered by

Desperately Seeking a Real HR Function in Accenture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Wide exposure to a lot of different things with a lot of learning opportunities. Most of the time you will be have to learn on your own with little guidance. However, if you are sharp enough to, you can usually gut through it. In the end, if you can stick it out for a few years, you will walk away much more strong than when you got there, and hopefully be able to leverage the experience in another job. The pay is decent, however, there is definitely a cost to pay for it in terms of lifestyle. In the end, there are some great people here, but they are far and few between.

Cons

The HR function is absolutely the most horrific I have ever seen, and the work life balance during consulting is non existent. They are attempting to offshore a lot of work now, so limited opportunities to none for the onshore management staff. There are some long timers here, but they all feel a culture of entitlement. Most of them could not do half the work that they are criticizing you for. Finally, the benefit package is horrible for healthcare. They are in a coinsurance ploy. Take the lumps and learn all that you can, and then get out.

Listen to your people without filters. Dont just say you will listen, but hear it too.

Accenture Review

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Good interim stepping stone to another firm firm

Cons

Cut-throat competitive working environment; incompetent managers

Improve management transparencies