Claims Sweatshop

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance

Pros

Getting experience in complex claims issues

Cons

Extrremely overworked for the pay. They will work you into the ground without much incentive given for your hard work

Advice to Management

Very distance. Not appreciative to their employees. Not much chance for upward movement.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Pay is decent for Agents, benefits are not great, environment is stressful

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time

Pros

Pay is decent, provides a mini medical plan which is better than nothing, PTO is generous, very customer focused which is good. As an agent, I can call underwriting and get an issues fixed right away, which is great. My DM is very accessible and knows a lot about the industry.

Cons

For a sales job, there is too much focus placed on redundant reports (as an agent, I complete 15 reports a week), and a lot of emphasis placed on non-sales generating activity, but the company expects a lot of sales. Training is sub-standard. Company does not care to hear suggestions from the field. I get about a million emails a day and that gets old quick too.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees by providing them with ongoing training. Provide a way for field employees to submit suggestions (other than to the DM). Out here in the field, we feel like numbers rather than people. We know we can be replaced, but we don't need to be reminded of this on a daily basis. Investing in products and services is great, but investing in your salespeople is important too. Also, consider changing pay structure and job title for CSR's, they are even more unappreciated than us agents are, which is why there is such high turnover for CSR's.

Great company

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time

Pros

Friendly staff and Great management

Cons

Benefits could be much better