Glad to be employed

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good for work performed Nice environment Great home office support

Cons

50+ hour weeks aren't the easiest

Advice to Management

Would like to see more time from upper management given to well performing stores. I always appreciate feedback, and am always looking to learn new tecniques. I don't mind change in processes, it shows how things are finally settling down from all the rapid growth. I'm thankful for my employment after losing job in a down economy, this company has given me valuable experiences that I can use in many careers, but I have no plans to leave.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Run for the Hills

Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Acceptance Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money meeting people of all genras

Cons

Hours and have to work on almost all holidays Constant Changes Upper Management

Advice to Management

listen to your employees.

Good Company if you like to work for a company that is stealing from customers

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acceptance Now

Pros

Pay is good considering what we do. Lots of down time. Read a lot of books and watch a lot of movies. Not a lot of work overall, pretty easy job.

Cons

No work life balance. 50 hours a week for managers, mandatory Fri, Sat and Sun. Lots of down time, gets really boring. Collections. Try to get bad people to pay on their bills is really frustrating. Company is erratic with changes. I have had 4 DM's and 3 RD's in less than 2 years. Each one has been constantly changing everything. Every week there is a new form or a new report to send in. The fees we charge are out of this world. Depending on the price and the month, the fees could be up to 90% of their monthly bill. Plus the waiver and benefits program add another $25 a month. On a $120 a month bill, only around $14-22 goes to principal. The formula for the fee calculation changes too!!! Without any notice to anyone. My boss was hired after me and was in the same position as me. He is now a DM because he signed up every person that walked in so his numbers looked great. His old store is in trouble because of him and he gets promoted. They only promote based on overall sales and credit #'s. So if you want to be promoted, just sign up everyone you can and hope they all pay you. I actually know more than my boss and have handled more issues than him and he makes $30,000 more a year than I do. If you are unemployed and need a job, come work here for the money but don't stay for very long.

Advice to Management

Let's get a stable work environment. Stop with the changes and get some DM's that actually know how to manage people. Most sales people do not make good managers. I am great at managing people and will never get the chance to show it with this company. Stop stealing from your customers too.