There are newer employer reviews for Accountemps

Good news, bad news

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They tried hard to place me.

Cons

The pay is horrible. After taxes I was better off on unemployment. While on the job, I met another contract worker who told me that Accountemps and Robert Half pay the lowest wages and now I believe it. You can purchase medical insurance but on these wages, who can afford it?

Advice to Management

Give the workers a bigger share of the money you get from the employers. I was making more as a receptionist for Kelly.

reviews filtered by

Temp Worker-accountant

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New Orleans, LA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor

Pros

They will find you work....eventually. If you luck out and get a good rep they will go to the ends of the Earth to find you an assigment, because that's how they get paid.

Cons

Your rep will treat you like you're inventory. Expect a lot of false starts (assignments that just suddenly end after a day or two). You're rep will tell you/promise anything to get you to take an assigment. Expect min. pay for most assigments 33-35 hours a week for $18/hr. If you're working an assigment don't expect to get interviews thru RobertHalf.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your workers, if an assigment isn't going to go perm tell them. Don't tell me it'll go perm in a few months for $50K if it's not.

Fast placement, Reliable pay, Unwilling to hear complaints.

I worked at Accountemps

Pros

Friendly, Pay regularly Willing to give you feedback. Can find jobs for people with no experience.

Cons

Unwilling to hear complaints about where you are assigned. Because they make money off you working your assignment they dont care about your assignment at all besides keeping you on it.

There are newer employer reviews for Accountemps