Refused to find me work

I worked at Accountemps

Pros

Thought this place could help me find a job

Cons

I decided to sign up for this agency after being laid off for almost 2 years. The recruiter basically told me that they could not help me find work since I have been laid off for so long. Are you kidding me??? This place was a waste of my time

Advice to Management

Give people a chance who have been out of work for awhile. Its not our fault that the economy is bad right now. There are still good workers out there who have a lot to offer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Temp Worker-accountant

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New Orleans, LA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor

Pros

They will find you work....eventually. If you luck out and get a good rep they will go to the ends of the Earth to find you an assigment, because that's how they get paid.

Cons

Your rep will treat you like you're inventory. Expect a lot of false starts (assignments that just suddenly end after a day or two). You're rep will tell you/promise anything to get you to take an assigment. Expect min. pay for most assigments 33-35 hours a week for $18/hr. If you're working an assigment don't expect to get interviews thru RobertHalf.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your workers, if an assigment isn't going to go perm tell them. Don't tell me it'll go perm in a few months for $50K if it's not.

Fast placement, Reliable pay, Unwilling to hear complaints.

I worked at Accountemps

Pros

Friendly, Pay regularly Willing to give you feedback. Can find jobs for people with no experience.

Cons

Unwilling to hear complaints about where you are assigned. Because they make money off you working your assignment they dont care about your assignment at all besides keeping you on it.