Accretive Health

There are newer employer reviews for Accretive Health

Extremely Valuable Growth Experience

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No where else will you find the opportunity to take on so much responsibility at such an early point in your career. Management experience is key in career growth and to have an understanding and an opportunity to manage in a number of ways has been essential to my progression and a professional.

More and more stock is being put into growth of talent and leadership. Executives are no longer satisfied with orientation and in field training (this takes place), but in depth learning and training in a classroom and organized setting is taking place and employees are flourishing.

The career acceleration has been flattering and more than acceptable. I personally have been recognized a number of ways for my hard work and commitment. Each time makes me grateful for my managers who recognize me and for senior leaders for asking for such recommendations to highlight. If you work hard, collaborate well, and get results, there is no way not to be recognized in this company (which is a benefit of how the feedback loops work).

There has been a clear effort to provide clear and precise feedback in a method that is welcoming and constructive.

Cons

Traveler location could be better. There are folks that travel from longer locations (based on need) when they could be placed closer.

227 Other Employee Reviews for Accretive Health (View Most Recent)

Low Employee Moral, Little to no advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Patient Financial Services Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Patient Financial Services Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accretive Health full-time

Pros

Its a pay check.. I have to use more than 5 words so, um... its a job (not a career)! And THANK GOD for a job!

Cons

If you are used to some recognition for job well done, recognition of you anniversaries or milestones either verbally or monetarily.. this is NOT the place for you. All attention is paid to the MANY managers they have fresh out of college and not to the employees who have been doing the grunt work and have more practical experience.

There is no room for advancement as they would prefer to hire fresh young graduates for positions higher than the biller or follow-up representative. Even if they didn' t hire from outside there is no place for a representative to go. There can only be so many leads and so many managers. Short of that.. there arent any other positions here. There is no internal job board to inform you of the few positions that may be available.. you have to hear it from someone else or ask randomly.

There is no training for employees that could possibly advance ones career. There isnt a labor relations department, The HR representative are not knowledgeable or helpful and will only respond to inquiries in which they have initiated. They do not participate in any community or philanthropic associations/organizations. There is no incentives for healthy living, poor work life balance.

If this is presented to anyone their excuse will be.. its a new company and still in its infancy stages. The company is at least 4 years old now. That excuse doesn't apply anymore.

In summary.. if you like working like a machine with quotas that will not allow for you to have a balance, come on over. They need a LOT of people! But don't expect to be happy as that is not on their list of priorities.

Since all of the above issues basically point back to Human Resources.. pick up a book or subscribe to some organizations that give tips on HR and improving employee moral AND IMPLEMENT the findings. I know more about HR and i have not gone to school for it. A company can't last if more than half of the people doing the most work are looking for another job. Good luck and God Speed

Rewarding opportunity to build my skillset/network, propelling my career forward with an industry leader in innovation

Current Employee - Operations Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Flat corporate structure allowing for project ownership & exposure to senior leadership early on in your career
    2. Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels
    3. Continuous expansion into new lines of services providing employees with wide-ranging opportunities in terms of career track and professional development

Cons

1. Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels: If you are not a hardworking, self-motivated, and effective work driver this company will leave you in the dust. If thats the case, Accretive Health is probably not for you. No results, no promotion; that’s the bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Accretive Health