There are newer employer reviews for Accretive Health

Extremely Valuable Growth Experience

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No where else will you find the opportunity to take on so much responsibility at such an early point in your career. Management experience is key in career growth and to have an understanding and an opportunity to manage in a number of ways has been essential to my progression and a professional.

More and more stock is being put into growth of talent and leadership. Executives are no longer satisfied with orientation and in field training (this takes place), but in depth learning and training in a classroom and organized setting is taking place and employees are flourishing.

The career acceleration has been flattering and more than acceptable. I personally have been recognized a number of ways for my hard work and commitment. Each time makes me grateful for my managers who recognize me and for senior leaders for asking for such recommendations to highlight. If you work hard, collaborate well, and get results, there is no way not to be recognized in this company (which is a benefit of how the feedback loops work).

There has been a clear effort to provide clear and precise feedback in a method that is welcoming and constructive.

Cons

Traveler location could be better. There are folks that travel from longer locations (based on need) when they could be placed closer.

220 Other Employee Reviews for Accretive Health (View Most Recent)

Rewarding opportunity to build my skillset/network, propelling my career forward with an industry leader in innovation

Current Employee - Operations Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Flat corporate structure allowing for project ownership & exposure to senior leadership early on in your career
    2. Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels
    3. Continuous expansion into new lines of services providing employees with wide-ranging opportunities in terms of career track and professional development

Cons

1. Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels: If you are not a hardworking, self-motivated, and effective work driver this company will leave you in the dust. If thats the case, Accretive Health is probably not for you. No results, no promotion; that’s the bottom line.

Indifferent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I get to work with some of the most intelligent and driven people that I have ever met in super relevant industry with a lot of opportunity for improvement
    Not the typical consulting firm with respect to how we “partner” with clients

Cons

Processes are not necessarily defined (i.e. HR policies, path for advancement, workflow)
    Instead of being proactive, there are alot of quick fixes and fire drills.
    Performance Evaluations are useless with the "rack and stack" process

There isn't any visibility into the promotion process and no defined career path for associates. I've seen this issue cause employees to leave in search of a company with more opportunity for growth and I wish there was more attention paid to retaining quality employees.
    Spend the resources to improve processes and define roles/expectations for employees
    Revamp the Performance Evaluations so that there is more opportunity for an employee to showcase how effective they are within the company (i.e. 360 reviews not just self-evaluations with manager’s comments; It’s not just what you can show with your individual efforts but how other people view working with you, not just your manager)

There are newer employer reviews for Accretive Health