Accretive Health

www.accretivehealth.com

This company should be your back-up plan

Finance Lead (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Good place to be if interested in pursuing career in healthcare finance and/or healthcare administration.

Cons- Senior management is disorganized. The modus operandi is primarily to keep putting out fires. This means that all resources get reassigned to fixing the latest "issue" while everything else falls apart. You then rush to try and put out the next fire.
- Senior management is primarily unknowledgable about the healthcare industry as they are brought in from other industries. Normally this would be alright, except that in this firm, ego forces some senior managers to treat lower management and analysts with scorn.
- For a healthcare technology company, too many senior staff are not tech savvy and feel threatened by younger hires who are tech savvy.
- Most managers forget their responsibilities towards the lower level staff they are supposed to manage and therefore do not provide adequate career support and constructive feedback.
- For a company this size, there is a serious lack of policies, and terrible HR organization/structure/management. The company is in denial of the fact that they can no longer operate as a start-up.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up your act. Put in place better HR policies and hire better HR resources. Focus on supporting the analysts who are entrenched in the day-to-day operations and data, so that their careers flourish and they feel good about doing the work they are doing. Put in place clear career paths and teach those at Managerial level how to effectively manage their direct reports.

Tremendous personal and professional growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health

Pros: 1) Opportunities for personal growth are unlimited...for those who take responsibility for their own results and career path! 2) I gain tremendous extrinsic value in being… Cons: 1) Opportunities for personal growth are limited by your own imagination, work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your own happiness. 2) This is not… Advice to Senior Management: Don't change the focus on value delivered to our customers and clients...even… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place for GO GETTERS - or anyone who wants to take control of their professional growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health

Pros: 1) There are a ton of opportunities - you just have to reach out and grab one 2) #1 leads into a plethora of learning,… Cons: 1) If you're not self-driven - you will find the environment too intense 2) Based on the fact that we're paving new grounds in… Advice to Senior Management: Make dedicated time on an ongoing basis to develop yourself… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Accretive Health.

Worked for Accretive Health? Contribute to the Community!