There are newer employer reviews for Accretive Health

job review

Current Employee - Patient Representative  in  Kalamazoo, MI
Current Employee - Patient Representative in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Accretive Health

Pros

I love talking with the patients.

Cons

The management never tells you that you are doing a good job, you are just a number to them.

The management needs to really think hard about who keeps accretive running and make the employees happy.

214 Other Employee Reviews for Accretive Health (View Most Recent)

This company should be your back-up plan

Current Employee - Finance Lead  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Finance Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health

Pros

- Good place to be if interested in pursuing career in healthcare finance and/or healthcare administration.

Cons

- Senior management is disorganized. The modus operandi is primarily to keep putting out fires. This means that all resources get reassigned to fixing the latest "issue" while everything else falls apart. You then rush to try and put out the next fire.
    - Senior management is primarily unknowledgable about the healthcare industry as they are brought in from other industries. Normally this would be alright, except that in this firm, ego forces some senior managers to treat lower management and analysts with scorn.
    - For a healthcare technology company, too many senior staff are not tech savvy and feel threatened by younger hires who are tech savvy.
    - Most managers forget their responsibilities towards the lower level staff they are supposed to manage and therefore do not provide adequate career support and constructive feedback.
    - For a company this size, there is a serious lack of policies, and terrible HR organization/structure/management. The company is in denial of the fact that they can no longer operate as a start-up.

Clean up your act. Put in place better HR policies and hire better HR resources. Focus on supporting the analysts who are entrenched in the day-to-day operations and data, so that their careers flourish and they feel good about doing the work they are doing. Put in place clear career paths and teach those at Managerial level how to effectively manage their direct reports.

Tremendous personal and professional growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health

Pros

1) Opportunities for personal growth are unlimited...for those who take responsibility for their own results and career path!
    2) I gain tremendous extrinsic value in being part of a team that is changing the face of American healthcare and building a company from scratch!
    3) I see a specific link between my effort, my results, and my compensation...

Cons

1) Opportunities for personal growth are limited by your own imagination, work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your own happiness.
    2) This is not your father's Fortune 100 company...internal and external processes are under constant development
    3) This is not your typical Silicon Valley start-up either...the pressure to market a vision of the future is muted by the desire to deliver results, real value, for our customers

Don't change the focus on value delivered to our customers and clients...even while we enhance and grow our internal processes, controls and operating rhythms.

There are newer employer reviews for Accretive Health

Worked for Accretive Health? Contribute to the Community!