Can't Imagine Working Anywhere Else

I have been working at Accretive Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The health, well-being and happiness of the employees is a top priority. Salaries are competitive and the benefits are excellent: 12 PTO days, 8 holidays and 2 weeks vacation (increases over time). The environment is relaxed and it's easy for the lowest level employee to get feedback to upper management. It's friendly with employees eating and chatting together throughout the day. They are very cognizant of recognizing employees that go the extra mile and will reward hard workers.

Cons

Some of the code is a little dated. We're still working with flash and some departments need to support IE6. The company has grown a lot in the last year, so office space has become tighter over time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. great place for software developers.

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Accretive Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ATG has a great place for me to grow as a software developer. Frankly, if you're a good developer, you can succeed here and find fulfilling work. Work-life balance is a huge priority here; developers almost never work more than 40 hours/wk, and there are frequent team events and other work-social events. Most teams follow an Agile methodology with 2-week sprints. Getting 100% of your work done each sprint is more important than how much work you take on. Managers and leads really care about your career development and keeping you interested in your work (since interested developers are productive developers). Any time I've had conflicts with people or processes, I've been able to talk with the right people to get issues worked out. Motivated developers earn the freedom to choose what projects to work on. Company is clearly focusing on diversity hires (we are hilariously diverse compared to our neighbors at Amazon).

Cons

The benefits package is solid (and improves over the years), but the base salary is low. Culture fit is important and won't work for everyone (we're generally liberal and judgment-free; workaholics and manipulative people don't get far). HR manager is a nightmare. While there's a lot of effort to improve technical debt, our core product is a sprawling mess of PHP - not even the latest version of PHP, and no new technologies like HHVM. Frequent re-orgs and task switching can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Management here is solid; mistakes are made, but everyone is working towards something better.

2. Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Accretive Technology

Pros

Can listen to music while working.

Cons

Needs more of an open door policy when it comes to management.