There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

Accruent has a team environment with goal-oriented operations and management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time

Pros

As an employee, there is a high level of visibility on where the company is headed and why I am important to them. Accruent takes the time and effort within the executive team and management to inform employees of happenings and company successes. I truly feel that my work product is evaluated and appreciated. The culture is phenomenal and unmatched. The personal career growth potential at Accruent is incredible and unlike anywhere else that I have worked. Accruent takes hungry goal-oriented people and grows them exponentially.

Cons

I do not feel there are any downsides to working at Accruent. There is tremendous growth and there will be more construction for more space but I don’t view that as a negative.

Other Employee Reviews for Accruent

1. Positive first impression

Current Employee - Software Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, nice office space, clearly defined career paths, small company vibe, good benefits, flexible work hours, opportunities for advancement, company is established and growing rapidly.

Cons

No 401K match, no educational reimbursement, low starting pay, loooong training period (several weeks) means you're not producing much for the first couple of months.

Advice to Management

Let people work from home 1 or more days per week. Company is growing fast and you'll need less office space.

A company with high aspirations but with shaky foundations

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros: opportunity, community, culture. Opportunity: If you are fresh out of college, or looking to change careers, and you've been having trouble finding a place to get your foot in the door, you will probably have good luck here if you are intelligent and hard working. Also, they tend to promote people a little more quickly than in other similar companies. Community: You will find in this company an amazing group of young and talented individuals. In my life, I've never seen assembled in one place such a driven, intelligent group of people. While generally lacking in experience, most of these people I've no doubt will eventually grow into very valuable contributors. Culture: There's fun things to do, we have video games, pool, ping-pong and such in the break room. We have bi-weekly company-sponsored social events with beer and games. Sometimes there are other events too, ice cream, movies, etc.

Cons

Compensation, long hours, poor planning, poor processes, poor products, accute lack of experience in many areas, lack of product knowledge. Compensation is significantly less than similar organizations, there is no overtime pay, health benefits are average at best, no 401K matching. I can comment that at least one of the salaries posted on this site is grossly inaccurate; the salary for my role is posted as being 60% higher than it actually is. Management likes to say they value the results over the effort. This sounds great and seems to imply that if you get your work done early, you could work fewer hours. The reality is that for any given team, they plan and schedule more work than could be reasonably done with the timeframe and resources available. Projects are routinely behind schedule and require diving catches at the last moment by many more resources than were originally allocated, thus impacting other projects. In most cases, every individual hired for or promoted to a given role shows great potential, but has less relevant experience than would normally be considered for a role. This is great in theory, but what you end up with is that every person from entry level to VP is new to their role. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. If you are in engineering, you are in a very unfortunate spot. A couple of the products are very old, very big, poorly architected, undocumented, and there is little in the way of senior resources or knowledge resources. With few exceptions everyone throughout the department is entry level. They are very bright individuals, with great potential, but trying to wade through a mountain of undocumented and poorly structured code takes a good deal of time.

Advice to Management

Take the time to understand the problems with your products, and make the investment to do deep repair, or build something new. The products are the heart and soul of the company and no matter how hard you try to make the company attractive to customers and employees, it doesn't change the real quality issues we have. You've acknowledged that there are problems with our products. You've committed to making the products great again. The problem is few of the decision makers actually understand what those problems are and why they exist or how to fix them. I have no expectation that you should have a complete technical understanding of the products, but you need a better understanding than "customers aren't happy". Please make the effort. We are a products company, we should be willing to make the investment to improve our products. The current resources we have are not sufficient to sustain the pace that is expected. If we want to repair our products, we need more resources, especially more experienced resources. As I've said above, we have an amazing team of people, a team that I believe could make the company a billion dollars IF their efforts were properly channeled. I leave you with an open question: if you agree that we have such great and talented people, why are they relegated to full-time maintenance of a product that is technologically out of date, and has serious quality and performance issues?