There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

Excellent work environment; wonderful people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and exciting place to work; everyone is extremely pleasant and get along well with each other; management is transparent and down to earth

Cons

My salary isn't as competitive as I had hoped, but it's still fair and honestly I would rather work here and make this much than work somewhere depressing and make double

Advice to Management

compensation plans need to be simplified; too convoluted

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Favoritism is prevalent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time

Pros

Hands down the smartest people I have ever worked with. The CEO really seems to care about the company and "doing the right thing". Share a lot of confidential information and plans on the company's short-term and long-term goals.

Cons

Although CEO cares and other executives stress company's "core values" of respect, integrity, and results orientation, executives don't take action against those that don't display those values due to favoritism of certain employees. However, company is more than willing to fire someone they don't care for that doesn't display those values. Also, if you are not an executive's favorite you have limited chance for promotion or increasingly challenging work.

Some employees are great at keeping confidential information private, but other employees share confidential information with whomever they feel like, so you really need to watch who you say things to and in front of. In general I believe this is due the young age and inexperience of many employees, who do not have mentors or managerial discipline (due to just as many young and inexperienced managers).

Advice to Management

Take an honest look at yourselves, and recognize and stop your favoritism practices. You will then recognize that some people should no longer be with the company. Don't promote someone to "manager' that is not ready for the person-management portion of the job even though they may be more than qualified from a technical standpoint. Give more people opportunities for challenging work and career growth.

Bound for Greatness

Current Employee - Professional Services in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I've only been with the company four months, I continue to be impressed with their leadership, training, communication and commitment to their values. Many companies will develop a great strategic plan and vision, but will execute very poorly or not at all. After 23 years of work experience, I have seen the whole spectrum of organizations. Accruent stands at one of the very best, in terms of sticking to its values and executing on strategy. It has weathered the recession, re-organized, re-tooled and is in that process of going from Good to Great!

Cons

There's always the risk of becoming too corporate, too process driven and too set in particular skillsets where you have to depend on one or two employees to get something done. The company should continue to be agile, innovative and open to new, creative ideas from employees or customers, as well as, developing a commonality and modularity across its product platform. There are also many young employees straight out of college, which can be good but..there should be in addition to training and continued education, a mentoring program aside from the current supervisor structure.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good leadership.