There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

Young employee, but very positive experience

Current Employee - Support Engineer  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accruent's values and commitment to examining and revisiting them regularly are amazing. You will be surrounded by talented and intelligent people. Your personal and professional development are just as important to your management as the value that you contribute in your day-to-day, and the training and learning opportunities back that philosophy up.

Cons

As I said earlier, you will be surrounded by intelligent and talented people, so standing out takes hard work and results. You will not rise by being the resident "smart guy". If you want to put in your eight and go home every day, you will find yourself getting looked over. I personally do not consider this a "con", but I know many who would.

When acknowledging team/individual efforts, please be more specific. I often hear in meetings phrases like "Employee A crushes it every time." or "If you want to move up, be a rock star." I understand where you all are coming from with this, but fuzzy language like this makes me feel like I am having wool pulled over my eyes. I understand that it would be unfair for me to ask for a checklist for getting promoted, but when someone is being a "rock star" or a team is "crushing it", I would like to know what exactly they are doing so I can find opportunities to emulate that performance.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Accruent (View Most Recent)

Unparalleled career opportunities and a great company to be a part of.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Accruent is an incubator for success for those that are willing to put in the effort to achieve personal career goals. The company has grown sevenfold in the last two and a half years and has provided unparalleled career advancement opportunities for the staff. The company is small enough that it doesn’t get bogged down in bureaucracy and is incredibly flexible and agile.

The great thing about Accruent is if you don’t like something or there is an issue within the company, it isn’t hard to get visibility on the issue and work toward a resolution. In other companies it is usually impossible to evoke change as the corporate office is incredibly bureaucratic and inflexible.

Cons

Due to how rigorous the hiring practices are, it is slow to recruit new employees. We get better candidates from this process, but it puts a big stress on the existing staff when departments are understaffed.

Base compensation could be better, but Accruent provides variable compensation and many intangible benefits that really bridge the gap. You could make a little more with another company, but you’d be giving up a lot of opportunity, flexibility, and fun.

We seem to be continuously on the hunt for more office space due to the rapid growth we are experiencing. People have to shuffle around a lot, but it is definitely a good problem to have.

Increase the resources of the recruiting department. Make sure you are scaling base compensation with cost of living increases. Figure out a permanent long term solution for office space ASAP.

Get out while you can.

Former Employee - Programmer
    Former Employee - Programmer

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are an entry-level employee in Austin: they will do everything they can to indoctrinate you into their culture, give you video games to play, etc. If you are in an acquired company: none. They will treat you like a reject during the long and humiliating “transition” process.

Cons

Acquired employees: Here's what happens to you when Accruent buys your company... First they come in and put on a big “dog and pony show” where they tell you that they have no intentions whatsoever of doing to you what they did to all the other companies they purchased. Then they make all of your employees take a watered-down IQ test, the results of which you will never see. Any employees who don't do well on the test are fired immediately. Next, Accruent begins the “transition” process, during which they integrate your technology and clients into their product base. Once again, don't be deceived—you are not special and they have no desire to keep you employed. You and all your other employees will be gone at the end of a year. This is their whole strategy in a nutshell.

Austin employees: you are probably getting payed below market rate.

Get a conscience.

There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

Worked for Accruent? Contribute to the Community!