Accruent

www.accruent.com
  www.accruent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

I would recommend working at this company to a friend.

Former Employee - Programmer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Programmer in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Accruent is a company that really invests in its talent. Accruent is a company comprised of talent from truly diverse backgrounds that is brought on to grow into leadership roles within the organization. They share a brief autobiography of yourself with the whole company soon after you are hired.
Accruent is rapidly growing in the real estate management software market. Some of this growth is due to acquisitions. The philosophy driving this growth involves restructuring of the acquired products, and this leaves many opportunities for attaining visibility and advancement. Accruent is very strong in this sense.
If you desire to, you can laterally change your role within the organization. I have seen a technical writer move to project management and a recruiter switch to business analyst. There is a sense of healthy camaraderie here.
Both HR and the CEO read and suggest to write reviews on this website.
The CEO has a healthy sense of humor.

Cons

The nature of my work at Accruent abstracted me away from much of the actual business side of the organization, but dedicating myself to McDonalds, Nike, Bank of America, and the telecoms had me frankly questioning the very meaning of my life.
While most people are professional and cordial, some of the less experienced staff may be letting competition and drive or ego get to them and some of those might actually be growing fangs.

Move to standardizing and modulating our technical infrastructure between all products to minimize technical differences between all of the product lines.
Migrate to free and open source software for as much as you can.
Allocate some people to develop more custom in-house tools to maximize automation of processes.
You can either be a company that adheres to our purported principle of being "results oriented" or you can be a company that requires for employees to be present at the office on a fixed 9-5 schedule, with company-wide emails suggesting to be present at the office for more than that. But you can't do both of these at the same time.
Take the lead in providing for the community by providing your software and services to public institutions such as schools and libraries for free.
Buy Accruent back from Vista and convert it into a cooperative.

94 Other Employee Reviews for Accruent (View Most Recent)

Young employee, but very positive experience

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Accruent's values and commitment to examining and revisiting them regularly are amazing. You will be surrounded by talented and intelligent people. Your personal and professional development are just as important to your management as the value that you contribute in your day-to-day, and the training and learning opportunities back that philosophy up.

Cons

As I said earlier, you will be surrounded by intelligent and talented people, so standing out takes hard work and results. You will not rise by being the resident "smart guy". If you want to put in your eight and go home every day, you will find yourself getting looked over. I personally do not consider this a "con", but I know many who would.

When acknowledging team/individual efforts, please be more specific. I often hear in meetings phrases like "Employee A crushes it every time." or "If you want to move up, be a rock star." I understand where you all are coming from with this, but fuzzy language like this makes me feel like I am having wool pulled over my eyes. I understand that it would be unfair for me to ask for a checklist for getting promoted, but when someone is being a "rock star" or a team is "crushing it", I would like to know what exactly they are doing so I can find opportunities to emulate that performance.

Unparalleled career opportunities and a great company to be a part of.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Accruent is an incubator for success for those that are willing to put in the effort to achieve personal career goals. The company has grown sevenfold in the last two and a half years and has provided unparalleled career advancement opportunities for the staff. The company is small enough that it doesn’t get bogged down in bureaucracy and is incredibly flexible and agile.

The great thing about Accruent is if you don’t like something or there is an issue within the company, it isn’t hard to get visibility on the issue and work toward a resolution. In other companies it is usually impossible to evoke change as the corporate office is incredibly bureaucratic and inflexible.

Cons

Due to how rigorous the hiring practices are, it is slow to recruit new employees. We get better candidates from this process, but it puts a big stress on the existing staff when departments are understaffed.

Base compensation could be better, but Accruent provides variable compensation and many intangible benefits that really bridge the gap. You could make a little more with another company, but you’d be giving up a lot of opportunity, flexibility, and fun.

We seem to be continuously on the hunt for more office space due to the rapid growth we are experiencing. People have to shuffle around a lot, but it is definitely a good problem to have.

Increase the resources of the recruiting department. Make sure you are scaling base compensation with cost of living increases. Figure out a permanent long term solution for office space ASAP.

There are newer employer reviews for Accruent