Great company with lots of opportunities for advancement

Current Employee - QA Associate  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - QA Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement.
Hire based on potential, so it's good for entry level applicants.
Great culture (games in breakroom, laid back atmosphere, etc.)

Cons

Hard to get excited about the product (facility management software)

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other Reviews for Accruent

Never bored

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can honestly say that I am NEVER bored at work.

Cons

It is ALWAYS busy! The business model seems to be designed around always giving employees more work than it's possible to complete, therefore providing endless "challenge".

I agree with one of the earlier reviews and suggest doing 360degree reviews of all managers in the company, as the growth opportunity the company offers is also followed by many first-time managers, and this transition must be managed closely or you may lose very good individual contributors to poor management coaching.

I would recommend working at this company to a friend.

Former Employee - Programmer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Programmer in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accruent is a company that really invests in its talent. Accruent is a company comprised of talent from truly diverse backgrounds that is brought on to grow into leadership roles within the organization. They share a brief autobiography of yourself with the whole company soon after you are hired.
    Accruent is rapidly growing in the real estate management software market. Some of this growth is due to acquisitions. The philosophy driving this growth involves restructuring of the acquired products, and this leaves many opportunities for attaining visibility and advancement. Accruent is very strong in this sense.
    If you desire to, you can laterally change your role within the organization. I have seen a technical writer move to project management and a recruiter switch to business analyst. There is a sense of healthy camaraderie here.
    Both HR and the CEO read and suggest to write reviews on this website.
    The CEO has a healthy sense of humor.

Cons

The nature of my work at Accruent abstracted me away from much of the actual business side of the organization, but dedicating myself to McDonalds, Nike, Bank of America, and the telecoms had me frankly questioning the very meaning of my life.
    While most people are professional and cordial, some of the less experienced staff may be letting competition and drive or ego get to them and some of those might actually be growing fangs.

Move to standardizing and modulating our technical infrastructure between all products to minimize technical differences between all of the product lines.
    Migrate to free and open source software for as much as you can.
    Allocate some people to develop more custom in-house tools to maximize automation of processes.
    You can either be a company that adheres to our purported principle of being "results oriented" or you can be a company that requires for employees to be present at the office on a fixed 9-5 schedule, with company-wide emails suggesting to be present at the office for more than that. But you can't do both of these at the same time.
    Take the lead in providing for the community by providing your software and services to public institutions such as schools and libraries for free.
    Buy Accruent back from Vista and convert it into a cooperative.

There are newer employer reviews for Accruent.

Worked for Accruent? Contribute to the Community!