Accruent

www.accruent.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

Executives who are out of touch with the rest of the staff

I have been working at Accruent

Pros

The best thing about working here is your co-workers and company perks. They hire the best of the best and everyone seems to get along really well. The break-room is regularly stocked with goodies and their is an assortment of table and video games available to help pass the time.

Cons

Executive expectations are ridiculous and the "E" team doesn't practice what they preach. They give short deadlines for work, but cannot even finish their own action items in a timely fashion. In addition, the compensation is lower than average so all the extra effort you might put it goes without personal or financial reward.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Accruent (View Most Recent)

Better than being unemployed

I have been working at Accruent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Energetic atmosphere. Parties every other Thursday, if that's your thing. The facilities are nicely decorated a fairly well stocked with snacks. Open PTO policy (if you can afford or even find time to take it.) Good healthcare options. Massive bonuses for new hire referrals. Willingness to hire employees that are just starting out. They will hire employees with 0 skills in their required fields.

Cons

The pay and bonuses are below market rates. Raises are nearly--and in some cases literally--nonexistent, regardless of performance. No 401k matching. The healthcare is good, but you're the one paying for it. Anyone you refer here will soon realize you sold them out. 10 to 14 hour days are normal. Working weekends isn't just typical, but implied. Constant churn means a limited knowledge base and limited skill-sets. Product performance is sub-par, making it hard to be proud of your own company. They do not strive for "perfect" or even "good," just "good enough to get paid, even if it means years of maintenance." The corporate culture is like frat-house, meaning good and commendable in principle, but in practice it's full of trash-talking, negativity and slander whenever backs are turned. (In some cases it's downright offensive or sexist.) Their training is sub-par. They'll show you how to key things into the product (maybe,) but there's no explanation of what this common industry terminology means. Or how it affects clients. Or how it's been implemented (their technical training and documentation is nonexistent.) They will hire employees with 0 skills in their required fields, putting the burden of training them on you.

Pay employees at standard rates. Reward performance. Actually enforce your values, rather than just touting them.

Accruent really wants you to succeed!

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Let me start this off by saying that I have a lot of experience researching, analyzing, and acquiring small businesses. I've also worked for Fortune 200's, non-profits, large / small private companies, and startup organizations in all different industries.

Accruent is the most unique company that I've worked for. Accruent's culture is something that you might find at a church, a service organization, or a greek org but almost never at a corporation. You will meet tons of people at the company and some of them will become your best friends. Accruent provides lots of opportunities to socialize (e.g., happy hours every other week, summer picnic, Christmas party, etc.). My colleagues are very encouraging and they want to see me succeed at not only my job but also at life!

Positives:
    - Accruent spends a ton of money and resources on training--they really want you to succeed
    - Some of the best benefits that you'll ever find including unlimited paid time off and great health insurance
    - You will work hard...but you will be well compensated for your hard work (some employees have been promoted 3 times in 2 years)
    - The HR department is honest. At most companies, you'll be lucky if a recruiter follows up a week after your interview. At Accruent, they called me 2 hours after I interviewed to offer me the job.
    - This company is honest. They're certainly not perfect and there is still politics, but you will get the truth and no corporate BS.
    - Honest feedback. Again, they want you to succeed and they will provide you with information to help you improve.
    - If you're a hard worker with a positive attitude and want to advance your career without hitting a political ceiling then Accruent is the right company for you.

Cons

If you don't like working hard and being challenged then Accruent is not for you. The company's anti-value is entitlement so don't try to get a job here if you you're not willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard. You will also get tons of feedback so if you take things personally or struggle with improvement then you might not enjoy this environment.

You're doing a great job! Keep growing the company and focusing on the culture. Don't let the PE firms change the culture. The unique culture is a great differentiation strategy from competitors and gives you an edge in attracting top talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Accruent