There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

Great place for college graduates

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere in which to work. Culture is fantastic with included efforts for personal health (funding sports teams, health awareness week, etc.). Hires graduates without a pertinent degree. Great opportunity for advancement and trying something new by switching departments. Break room is great with fun games

Cons

Pay is slightly less than other companies for similar job duties

Advice to Management

Continue to effectively communicate changes and recognize employees for a job well done

Other Employee Reviews for Accruent

Great place to get your career started

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place will give anyone with potential a chance. Offers a great experience for someone with no experience in the software business and has great opportunities to move up within the company.

Cons

The salary is below market pay and depending on the responsibilities bestowed upon you by circumstance, sometimes this salary seems very inadequate. They will not give anyone a promotion until they are at least 1 year in the company.

Advice to Management

Compensation is the main con about Accruent. I understand the concept of giving someone a chance who has no experience and that is why the pay is below market pay, but in many cases, people take on responsibilities which warrants more than the base pay well before they are a year in the company. Maybe changing that restriction of at least 1 year for a promotion might be a good idea.

Fifteen years and still going strong

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Accruent just over 15 years. During this time I have seen Accruent grow from approximately 60 employees to where we are today at 400+ and still growing. While growth at this rate is fast paced it has been expertly planned and skillfully executed. Throughout these years of growth Accruent has never wavered from their original and long ago stated company values. In fact these values are probably even truer today. Values are one of the characteristics that make Accruent a great place to work. I’ve met a lot of people here over the years and have always found each of them to be very professional, very pleasant, eager to learn and accomplish, and importantly very supportive of one another. Happily some of these people have become friends. A good ‘value fit’ is one of the qualities Accruent looks for in their current and prospective employees. This helps to make a positive workplace and build productive and cohesive teams. But good values are not just for the employees at Accruent. Accruent values and treats their employees well. They offer solid compensation plans along with very good health benefits plan and 401k options. They provide a bonus plan structure which is place for every employee and offer unlimited PTO. The office environment is nice and more space is being added to accommodate the growth. Accruent wants their employees to be successful and offers many growth opportunities. From the very beginning new hires are setup for success with in depth product training and mentoring. This even continues with the offering of online courses covering a wide array of subject matter being made available to everybody. Additionally, Mark Friedman and the executive team remain open and honest with the entire company. Transparency is important at Accruent and the executive staff frequently holds company-wide meetings to ensure we all understand the company’s position in the marketplace, where we are headed, our short and long term goals and how each department contributes toward attaining those objectives. Customer focus and customer success are other huge parts of the Accruent culture. Accruent recognizes that each customer’s success and positive results will ultimately be reflected in Accruent’s measure of success. For me, in a customer facing role at Accruent, it’s really nice to work with our customers. Most are long standing customers who are very positive about the company’s current state and future direction. Accruent also conducts programs which are meant to engage their customers. Each of these touch points server to keep customers updated as well provide a time to solicit their feedback and inputs. Accruent success has been obvious over the years and it’s a rewarding feeling to be a member and contributor to such a team.

Cons

I’ve worked in a lot of industries over the years and under various conditions e.g. as an employee and self-employed. In every case there have been cons to work; looming project deadlines that require extra hours work, stressful situations that require you to dig deep and push on etc. Let’s face it, that’s a part of our work and personal lives and we deal with it. At least here, at Accruent, you can celebrate that project completion at a company sponsored happy hour and/or tack some of your unlimited PTO days on to a weekend and recover.