Accruent

www.accruent.com
  www.accruent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

Great for recent college grads; not so much for those with experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Open PTO (Paid Time Off). Benefits are mediocre, but not bad. No 401 matching. Parties and celebrations abound.

Cons

Middle management is brought up from the bottom, meaning people are groomed for middle management positions, and this is not done well. There is no mentoring of managers, there is no training program for managers, they just take inexperienced individuals who show "management potential" and place them in manager positions. The result is managers who have no idea what they are doing. These are the managers grooming our next set of managers. If they don't fix this quickly, there will be a mass exodus of experienced individuals who desire more pay and more mentoring. I believe that is already happening.
Pay--I don't think based on other reviews that I have to delve into this topic very far. Let me only say I'm making 10k+ below industry standard, and won't be getting a raise until I've worked for 15+ months, due to raises only occurring on cycles every July and January.

Get some training for yourselves and your direct reports whom you expect to line up to become managers. You are driving talented, committed individuals to seek other employment.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Accruent (View Most Recent)

That place is a definite churn factory.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Happy Hours every other week. Snacks in break room. The employees are all pretty nice people.

Cons

Pay is way below market. The software is extremely outdated. Barely anyone in the sales dept has sold anything. The average tenure is probably under a year because it's a churn factory. They fire people at the drop of a hat - no loyalty at all. The training is a so called 'boot camp' but it's really just an extended job interview designed to weed out folks who aren't willing to put in a lot of hours for a little bit of money. By far the worst sales environment I've ever worked in - would recommended you steer clear or enter at your own risk.

Fix your product don't just churn sales people. There's clearly a reason you can't retain your employees and NO ONE is selling anything.

A great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is pleasant and very nice. Co workers are always eager to learn. The break room is awesome. You get free snacks and beverage, and freshly brewed starbucks coffee. Company has lots of opportunities to grow and it is a fast growing company. Relaxed work environment with a great culture. Upper management is accessible and ready to listen to other ideas.

Cons

No 401k matching, salary is average but you have the opportunity to make more

I can't think of any, great job so far

There are newer employer reviews for Accruent