There are newer employer reviews for Accruent

Great for recent college grads; not so much for those with experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open PTO (Paid Time Off). Benefits are mediocre, but not bad. No 401 matching. Parties and celebrations abound.

Cons

Middle management is brought up from the bottom, meaning people are groomed for middle management positions, and this is not done well. There is no mentoring of managers, there is no training program for managers, they just take inexperienced individuals who show "management potential" and place them in manager positions. The result is managers who have no idea what they are doing. These are the managers grooming our next set of managers. If they don't fix this quickly, there will be a mass exodus of experienced individuals who desire more pay and more mentoring. I believe that is already happening.
Pay--I don't think based on other reviews that I have to delve into this topic very far. Let me only say I'm making 10k+ below industry standard, and won't be getting a raise until I've worked for 15+ months, due to raises only occurring on cycles every July and January.

Advice to Management

Get some training for yourselves and your direct reports whom you expect to line up to become managers. You are driving talented, committed individuals to seek other employment.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place to get some experience, but not nearly as great as they say it is

I worked at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will give a chance to someone without tons of relevant experience and you can learn a lot that will further your career
    fairly laid-back culture
    Challenging
    open PTO
    Got along with all my colleagues, all generally great people
    Transparency from executives (with notable exceptions, see below)

Cons

Compensation is well below market average. Its kind of pathetic. They won't even match 401ks and then say that the measly bonuses they gave out make up for that. I understand not overpaying for a HPLE (high potential, low experience), but you quickly outpace that status and still don't get compensated accordingly.

They tout how they make up for their under market salaries by allowing for a faster promotion cycle. But very few people get promotions, and even if you do get a promotion quickly, you are still well under market value.

Not enough resources. Teams are always stretched way too thin, and if someone leaves or gets moved to a different department, it makes life hell for the remaining team members. Not enough knowledge experts, which is not surprising since they can go make twice as much somewhere else instead.

Transparency eroded recently. Executives decided to completely do away with all Engineering and QA for my product, without notice, despite telling customers that it was status quo until 2017. Haven't even told the customers yet. Basically made liars out of people and put people in tough spots when it comes time to inform the customers.

I think the office culture, while good, is not as excellent as people make it out to be, primarily because most of the employees here have no frame of reference. If this is your first corporate job and you're just out of college, then having a ping pong table and snacks in the break room are a big deal. But its really not that extraordinary for a tech company. Not that they aren't nice things to have, but lets not act like they are exceptionally forward thinking.

Advice to Management

I know things are in place to make things better (focus groups) but if there isn't compensation increases, it doesn't matter that much if there is a "good office culture". Increase salaries and stop spreading every body so thin and this would be a great place to work for, instead of a decent one.

Great company with an even better culture

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accruent does a great job in hiring people with the right values and work ethic. Everyone is highly intelligent and is willing to go above and beyond what is asked of them. The company is growing rapidly and this creates many opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

The pay is below industry average witch is fine for fresh graduates, however, pay is not brought up as fast as it probably should be once the employee has gained experience. With a focus of hiring high potential low experience people and giving them increasing responsibilities, it is a great place to learn. A lot of great people are lost once they have gained the experience due to Accruent not increasing their compensation accordingly.

Advice to Management

Management needs to increase compensation in line with the employees experience. If an employee is given increased responsibilities, and proves they can handle it, they should be brought up to at least industry average. We lose far to many great people due to pay.