Very disappointed

Former Employee - Center Manager in Kissimmee, FL
Former Employee - Center Manager in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Ace Cash Express

Pros

You work alone most of the time. Thats a good thing for people who have been there for a long time. Benefits, Bonuses (even if they are almost impossible), salary isnt bad.

Cons

YOu are locked in ta cage for long periods of time. Management doest help you much and dont even start with the helpless desk!

Advice to Management

praise you employees, rememeber when scheduling this is a person not an animal. NO one likes to work three 12 hour days in a row.

reviews filtered by

Worst job I've ever had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ace Cash Express

Pros

some lover level employees are pretty nice, climate controlled stores that I can keep at whatever temperature i want (im the only one there working all the time anyways)

Cons

I took this job knowing it would only be temporary 4 weeks ago but I decided to quit already. I was promised full time but havn't worked more than a 32 hour week. Was told I'd have a "home" store which they base upon your living area after telling them I didn't want to drive, but I've had to drive to 5 different stores in ONE week for work spread out all over the metro area (25 minute drive just to work yesterday and I'm supposed to do it again today) Constant emails about "horrible" sales throughout the day with unrealistic sales goals set for every employee and threats of write-ups or firings constantly if they are not met. Almost impossible to get approvals on check cashings from an RA manager due to understaffing because of their ridiculously high turnover rate. I was forced to open and run my own store my first day out of training by myself with only a $500 check cashing limit and had a line out the door the entire day because of it, and then ran out of money due to a mistake at corporate coupled with a late delivery. 12 hour shifts alone behind bullet proof glass which you cannot leave at all during the day, and it's generally too busy to be able to even eat anything (no food or drink is allowed by the front counter) TERRIBLE corporate structure, selling netspend cards for a few extra bucks is worth more than employee retention and a lot of people get fired for not selling enough through no fault of their own. Also, not really the companys fault but the majority of the customers in my area are extremely rude and will have no problem belittling or threatening you all day for trying to do your job (remember that these are the type of people who do all of their banking through a dinky check cashing store, no offense to normal people who do too but it generally attracts the lowest of the low as far as customers go). I don't get paid enough to be a punching bag all day from both corporate and customers or to be able to drive as much as they suddenly wanted. I won't be returning to this job.

Advice to Management

How about taking a look at your turnover rate and trying to understand why so many people stop showing up for their scheduled shifts. The way you go through and treat employees is costing you more money than what you make on stupid netspend cards that were forced to push on every customer.

2. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Center Manager in Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Ace Cash Express

Pros

You are not always being watched like a hawk when you are doing your job.
    They give you and opportunity to show them your abilities to do your job.

Cons

just frustating sometimes when you can not get ahold of someone when you are trying to cash a check and customers have to wait for a little while.