There are newer employer reviews for Ace Cash Express

Don't work for ACE Cash Express unless the only thing you are looking for in a job is compensation and benefits

Former Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Benefits and Compensation. The company offers 401K program that kicks in after one year of service, they match 20% of your contributions. The bonus plan varies every year, but generally you can make up to 60% of your base salary

Cons

Working 60+ hours per week. Very destructive competitive corporate culture mentality, East and West divisions do not share any information that could help the entire company achieve its goals. A myriad of financial products to work with and not enough training. The way district managers operate their centers varies greatly among the company. Company does not believe in the use and implementation of security cameras, the company handles millions of dollars a day and they refuse to install video cameras in each retail location.

Advice to Management

Change your district and center operations model, this current model confers a great amount of stress on district managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Ace Cash Express

1. Don't work here If you like being happy!

Current Employee - Center Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

none at present used to be better. It is sad that they have lost there way!

Cons

work life balance, unprofessional upper management, "we'll fire you " is company mantra, poor development for lower employees, promotion by termination whether ready or not, soliciting calls for legal lobbying is unprofessional. Horrible turnover never seen 95% turnover rate before in my life you should be ashamed, lack of focus on development of management for the next step. lack of leaders that know how to influence people and find ways to hep them succeed.

Advice to Management

communicate in professional productive ways, find ways to create success rather than terminate and try again. choose people based on character and promote on success not out of necessity.

2. Metrics driven company

Pros

My boss is great! She's the reason I work here and the only reason I've stayed. My comments are based on feedback and observations from other employees.

Cons

unforgiving what have you done for me lately? employees are highly valued one day and fired the next

Advice to Management

Lack of company culture is leading to job dissatisfaction and turnover. Rather than addressing serious job structure and responsibility issues, we say we’re fast paced and wonder why we have turnover or burnout.