There are newer employer reviews for Ace Hardware

It is a place to come and earn a pay check.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dale City, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dale City, VA

I have been working at Ace Hardware

Pros

I earn a pay check.

Cons

no compensation, no job advancement, no appreciation from management

Put more into the business and give people a fair chance to prove themselves.

228 Other Employee Reviews for Ace Hardware (View Most Recent)

It was very good until to many changes ruined the whole concept of the beautiful store it was.

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  Sparks, NV
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Sparks, NV

I worked at Ace Hardware

Pros

Neighborhood store with good customers, Good employees. Liked the work and work family. At one time it was an exceptionally beautiful store. Ace Brand is excellent.

Cons

Now looks bad. Hardware in back?? Concept ruined. Prior management had better concept.

Should have stuck with the guy you had. Store looked so much better. Better layout. More class.
    How did this turn into a furniture store? Poor choices drove away the business.

It was a decent starting job, with enlightening experiences.

Current Employee - Cashier/Stockperson  in  Orland Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier/Stockperson in Orland Hills, IL

I have been working at Ace Hardware

Pros

To get experience in a wide variety of minimum wage fields, to have a secure and relatively friendly environment, and to ensure flexible hours for a student or retiree. Good social interaction with the community. It is a very friendly, customer oriented store. From personal experience-I have always gotten the days off that I needed, and combined onerous schoolwork with a simple means of income.

Cons

The work is demanding, unrewarding, and underpaid. Students are abused into terrible conditions and harder work than older employees in the same position, as well as disrespected. From personal experience-I'm going to UIUC electrical engineering in the fall, and management thinks that I need to be told how to count products, and doesn't trust that I can remember how to clean the store- a list was provided daily for two years. I once cleaned out a drainage ditch or garbage for half an hour (we are next to a fast food store) and the manager came out because he didn't believe I had done the work, looked at my handiwork, and told me to pick a single leaf up; simply to avoid admitting he was wrong and I had done my job.

Reward good workers. Cut out laziness. Family employees are not the only employees in need of promotion. Treat everyone as your equal, and your customers will detect the satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Ace Hardware

Worked for Ace Hardware? Contribute to the Community!