Ace Hardware

www.acehardware.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Ace Hardware

Good part time low pay job

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ace Hardware

Pros

I learned a whole lot about home maintenance, construction, electrical and plumbing while there. I also learned a bit about sales.

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement in a retail location. They were very insistent about working your share of Saturdays, in some cases employees had to pay one another to be able to take off a Saturday (so the person working that day made their wages, plus whatever you agreed to pay out of your pocket).

Consider paying a premium to those that are willing/able to work Saturdays. Its a busy day when lots of money is made, so you could afford to entice more employees to volunteer for those days.

305 Other Employee Reviews for Ace Hardware (View Most Recent)

Not good for long term survival.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hilo, HI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hilo, HI

I have been working at Ace Hardware

Pros

Steady employment as long as I?m willing to be at their disposal. The customers remember me and seek me out for assistance. I?m known as "Tony the Ace Man".

Cons

Mainly, how can I top off their pay scale at $10.25/hr after 20 yrs of loyalty?
    Not much positive feedback from management. Little consideration for personal life except in real disasters--don?t get days off when ask ahead for an appt, even; but if family is in serious situation, they make sure you get what you need. Schedule changes are made w/o employees being asked, and WE are to check the schedule to see if it has been changed--which sometimes happens several times in a week, and even while we are on a day off and can?t know not to go in the next day.

Respect your employees and their need to be treated as people who have a life outside of Ace. Pay commensurate to skills and value to the company.

It's been an interesting experience, both good and bad experiences.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Township, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Township, MI

I have been working at Ace Hardware

Pros

Most of the people are pleasant to work with, the discounts you get on the items are amazing and you are treated with respect and kindness.

Cons

It can get frustrating working with rude customers and when some associates decide to do things their way rather than listening to management.

Make sure the managers and assistant managers do not abuse their power through their role because it can end up hurting the company as well as losing some of the staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Ace Hardware