There are newer employer reviews for Ace Hardware

District manager worked with 40 plus retail stores on all aspects of running a hardware.

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Detroit, MI
Current Employee - District Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Ace Hardware full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

variety of job. relationships with individual hardware store owners.

Cons

Ace corporate dictorial style. Upper managements total disregard for independant owners life savings in some cases with regards to projections on new or branch stores.potential sales and profits.

allow employees to do the right thing for retailers they serve. Don't pu investors life savings at so much risk.

232 Other Employee Reviews for Ace Hardware (View Most Recent)

This is a great place to learn about customer service!

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Mokena, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Mokena, IL

I have been working at Ace Hardware full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The customers are great! There is always a new project or challenge a customer has to solve. The employees are great!

Cons

Due to the economy, business has there has been difficult. Consequently, there has not been a salary increase in almost 6 years.

Take care of your employees. They are your biggest asset not expense.

Best part was the people I worked with

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Naperville, IL

I worked at Ace Hardware part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at a suburban Chicago Ace for over four years. I was paid minimum wage, even after those four years. The main reason I stuck around was because of my co-workers. They're my second family and I've never felt that genuine connection between employees anywhere else I have worked. Our "regular" customers were another reason I worked there for so long. They were more like co-workers than customers - many of them knew their way around the store like the back of their hand.

Cons

Over my four years spent with Ace, I only made minimum wage. I was a good employee who attained a 100% on all the mystery shop evalulations I had recieved. The store manager was rude to both employees and customers, and drove sales down during the period in which she was there. It was also extremely difficult to take time off - even one day. Management required you to find someone to cover your shift in order to take that time off - but they never once allowed anyone to work overtime.

There are newer employer reviews for Ace Hardware

Worked for Ace Hardware? Contribute to the Community!