Ace Hardware

www.acehardware.com

A very rewarding experience in service and ingenuity with every day bringing new projects and an oppurtunity to learn.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

ProsThe people that best contribute to the store are great personally. Every day presents new problems and opputunities to be creative in finding short and inexpensive solutions. You're never restricted to one department in the store and this allows one to quickly expand their diy knowledge. For the most part there is always something to do, especially if you keep your eyes open and are a self starter.

ConsSales bring out the worst types of customers to the store. In some instances such as cleaning supplies there are too many duplicates and options to stock in a store. Some departments in my opinion are hardly worthy of a hardware store concerning itself with, for example hobby department.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor the seasonal sales that are put on yearly and try to avoid repetition. Otherwise the stores are stuck with much useless inventory that was sold to customers in last year's ad. Bring in more Made In America vendors, its a growing trend.

Great Place to Work

Cashier (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Ace Hardware part-time for less than a year

Pros: Your work is appreciated by management and customers alike. Cons: Most positions are hourly. Hourly wage, no benefits. Advice to Senior Management: Hang in there, the economy will pick up. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

District manager worked with 40 plus retail stores on all aspects of running a hardware.

District Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at Ace Hardware full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: variety of job. relationships with individual hardware store owners. Cons: Ace corporate dictorial style. Upper managements total disregard for independant owners life savings in… Advice to Senior Management: allow employees to do the right thing for retailers they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ace Hardware.

Worked for Ace Hardware? Contribute to the Community!