Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Acentia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior Leadership of the company is excellent and inspiring. With the capabilities of a large firm and the personal attention to clients of a small firm, the company hits the sweet spot for clients. Additionally, the centers of excellence provide several technical architects which benefit all markets and companies with their insight and expertise. And generally, the people across the board are top notch.

Cons

No challenges unique to Acentia, only that Federal contracting in general is a difficult environment to be in, but right now, the company is growing in this difficult environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for Acentia

Acentia - Stay Away

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Acentia as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job and paycheck - that's all

Cons

You will probably wind up being a contractor at on a government contract they have. Depending on the office climate there may be great hostilities towards the contractors. Where I was at the red badges (contractors) were definitely treated unfairly by the blue badges (gov't employees). Pay was 20%+ less than market value.

Advice to Management

Research the office climates before you put your "workers" into them as most of us do not like our health suffering as a result of a hostile work environment(s). Pay your workers what they should be getting paid. Give your workers guidance about what will happen to then in the event of a gov't shutdown/slowdown, etc.

It was a good place to work and provided opportunities to grow and develop.

Former Employee - Program Manager in East Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in East Falls Church, VA

I worked at Acentia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working at Acentia more than my other employers. They had good people and good opportunities to grow. I was able to get to know my bosses and senior management and had opportunities to do things my way a little bit.

Cons

Like all government contractors, they have a difficult time retaining people when contracts end. They need to try harder to find things for good employees to do while new work is developed.