Happy to be working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newtown Square, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Acero Precision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was happy to find solid employment and the company has continued to grow during my time here. Treated well and most people are working pretty hard every day. Plans for new facility include many benefits most manufacturers don't have.

Cons

Not much, we are spread across 5 buildings so interaction is not that good there are people that I never see. We are trying to build up but things are taking longer than I would like.

Do whatever it takes to get everyone together.

Other Reviews for Acero Precision

Find a different job... but if you must... GET EVERYTHING ON PAPER!!!

I worked at Acero Precision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Willing to hire people with little to no experience

Cons

They don't really know what they are doing. Company is good at rubbing elbows and getting the "sales" in but the upper management doesn't know how to run a company. Running a company begins with taking care of the employees, not building a multi-million dollar "state or the art" facility. Acero would be a lot more profitable if they took care of their employees instead of overworking them into the ground. They need to stop building unnecessary upgrades to their new facility like a helipad and use that money to give back to the workers who put their blood sweat and tears into the company. Upper Management tries to swindle you out of the raises that are due to you so that they can put on a horse and pony show with all the new fancy upgrades... most of which don't make any sense. ie: why does a machine shop have a slippery $1million dollar floor made of terrazzo (basically like marble)? Who is that for?! Not for the employees because it is extremely unsafe for when oil drips out on the floor or when employees have to stand on that hard floor ALL day for 10+ hours at a time. Upper Management worries about the image that Acero is putting out there, but they aren't focusing on the bad reputation that already exists amongst the industry that it is a horrible place to work for machinists... I'm sure for everyone else as well.

Focus on building a reputation that it's a GREAT place to work, not building a facade of a reputation through a fancy building. The infastructure will crumble if you do not have the employees dedicated to helping the company succeed and grow. Focus on cultivating a good culture, and a happy work environment. For the record, CLEAN does not equal happy. Focus beyond the superficial level.

Unprofessional and bad company culture. Don't walk , run from this place

Current Employee - Machinist  in  West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Machinist in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Acero Precision full-time

Pros

The only pros are the lies you hear when accepting your position. They tell you their will be room for advancement but the only advancements/ promotions are having you cover another shift / job while people continue to walk out! In my 20 yrs in the industry I've never seen such turn over. They say it's "the industry" and blame the high turn over on the culture of machining .

It's not this way anywhere else!

Cons

Everything at Acero is a con. The management/ownership is very unprofessional and disorganized. They are always scrambling because people quit w/o notice due to unfair treatment. The environment is very I unhealthy because everyone is so unhappy there. They are currently building a new facility, which is said to be beautiful on blueprint. If the company put half the time into their employees as they did talking up the new building they may have a shot at turning around company culture. This is doubtful. This company is concerned with one thing, the bottom line. They are not concerned about their valuable employees. Seeing this ahead of time is impossible, maybe the only way to prevent others from my mistake is hopefully having this review out in the public eye.

Beware of your offer letter. They are notorious for telling you one thing and changing their mind about your hours and pay! The Hr department is confused and dishonest and the management follows suit. These people are not honest and all employees former and future should consider other alternatives to working at Acero Precision!

There are newer employer reviews for Acero Precision.

Worked for Acero Precision? Contribute to the Community!