Achievers

www.achievers.com
  www.achievers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

Company is just a showoff

I have been working at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well you get free lunch, a laptop, free breakfast but as mentioned in other reviews the lunch is awful and breakfast is sometimes well past its expiry.

Cons

No direction at team level
Your position is dependent on amount of cash in the bank for this startup
People here watch and surf internet in the name of work
No incentives except for the stock options which you dont know if its going to materialise
Waste of time in company wide meetings which most people dont seem to be interested in

Needs to quickly realise that people make the company and not vice versa.
There needs to be some sort of performance review
Stop worrying about competitors and concentrate on what you make - which will make the company go forward

84 Other Employee Reviews for Achievers (View Most Recent)

Forward Thinking Employer

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone here is incredibly talented at what they do. It's refreshing to work with incredibly talented individuals in a fast-paced company. Everyone has the same goal in mind and all work hard together to achieve it.

Even though the company is growing at such a fast pace, everyone still knows everyone else and it keeps coming to work enjoyable.

Having access to the stock options is amazing. We can see our company keep improving and succeeding in our space and know that we will all be rewarded even more down the road for our continued success.

Cons

With a fast-paced environment, comes lots of changes and extremely hard work. New deals means lots of new changes to the software and it's implementations. Not really a con, more a fact of business but it keeps us busy that's for sure.

Achievers Response

Oct 9, 2013Employee Success Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, and we couldn’t agree more! Achievers is very lucky to have incredibly talented employees like you. Our employees are the foundation of our ... More

An honest review from a past employee (no biterness) who saw a lot of change

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- They hire a diverse set of people (experience-wise)
    - Employees work really hard which I respect
    - Free breakfast, interesting events
    - Flexible work hours

Cons

- Before working there, if you've ever had any kind of social circle, you will find it bizarre how farternity-like it is
    - They say they want real feedback from employees, but they actually heavily encourage puppetry
    - Management has no idea what they're doing in terms of practicing what they preach
    - Unashamed of the fact that there are 'favourite' employees - and those employees are the ones who are willing to suck up
    - Inhibits the unique and soulful attributes out of employees

Management needs to stop patting themselves on the back and realize that this company is not all that matters in the world. There is very high turnover for a reason.

Achievers Response

Oct 9, 2013Employee Success Representative

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, which will allow us to improve the employee experience at Achievers. Employee engagement is the heart of our business, and we place ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Achievers