There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

Feel like I pledged the wrong frat and the pledge master is now hitting on my girlfriend

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a feel-good product. Who doesn't like being recognized? Clients (initially) like us and the idea of what we do for them. Free Food - lots of it. If you are "in" that week, management may be generous with points (our currency) so you can buy yourself something nice (if overpriced) from our limited catalogue. There are some very talented people here (caveat: they are not being utilized or recognized) Events and PR are outstanding. I bought into the hype, and some of our clients/prospects do too. Seriously, we should be overpaying these teams b/c they do the best things at the company.

Cons

Seriously wanted to love working here, but it just is NOT going to happen. This company touts itself as a serious software company, but it is just a social cult. If you don't like waking up on Monday wondering if management or the "cool" kids like you, then run. Everyone talks about going public all the time (speaks to the lack of real business experience and maturity). Really? an IPO? There are very few people here that understand what that means. We are not HQ'd in San Francisco. There is a presence in SF, but the leadership and direction come out of Toronto and those ideas are back in 1998 as far as how to compete and win in this space.

Advice to Management

Start over. Don't play favorites. Get a strategy to execute on what we commit to clients. Take the time to appreciate the talents of your employees and quit listening to the advice/gossip of the inside few - too many good people who are incredibly talented have left or been asked to leave without anyone really investing them - the revolving door is incredibly expensive.

Achievers Response

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. To help address your concern regarding our presence in San Francisco, we are headquartered there, however, we work hard to ensure a strong ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Achievers

A professionally managed company

Current Employee - Human Resource in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resource in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working for Achievers because it is a professionally managed company that uses a professional approach to handle its blue chip customers HR and Financial consulting requests.

Cons

Limited availability of high end training. Low to mid end training is provided

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you do best. Consulting in HR

one of the best achievers and well planned one

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Achievers as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

ever increasing market revenue, very good job prospect

Cons

u have to work very hard

Advice to Management

always ready for for work