Achievers

www.achievers.com
  www.achievers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

This company is nothing like what they pretend to be - does not practice what they preach

I have been working at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are benefits at this place like laptops for everyone, great work spaces/offices, a great dress code, food and drinks supplied, a drinks celebration every Friday and other things that are perks indeed but these are superficial and hide the huge cons below sadly.

Cons

To be honest the list of cons is insanely long. The biggest con which sums it all up is that working at this company is nothing like what appearances make it to be. Management says they are transparent but they are not forthcoming with much information - most times they tell people when they are forced due to rumors, issues or no other choice. Management presents themselves like they have a strategy and plan for growing and focusing the company - but reality is that it changes so frequently, randomly and without true research and strategic thinking (makes it impossible to keep your role focused in the right direction). The company claims to be inclusive and accepting diversity but unless you are in a clique, drink the koolaid you will be an outsider and anyone not in a favourites circle, good luck being properly recognized or rewarded, regardless of performance. Lastly, they claim they put everything on the table and speak honestly with everyone - nothing could be further from the truth - most discussions with management or senior leadership are lies right to your face. Lastly in terms of execution, whether operations, marketing, strategy, or product development, they claim to have hired people with experience and great qualifications (A Players) when in reality none of these people in such high regard have actually worked for decent sized companies and actually know what they are doing - they fly by the seat of the pants - and as a result the company is managed by people in way over their heads. As a result, while the company concept is great, it falls apart in every aspect of execution from strategy, operations, development, client relations and overall management. Oh and most of the hiring is done based on culture fit - yes that is important to get along - but it usually WAY overshadows a persons qualifications so many people are hired as long as they have minimal qualifications as long as the hiring people think they could be FRIENDS with them - seriously!

Management need to take a huge step back and do some self reflection on every aspect of the business and ask themselves why so many employees are constantly leaving, even ones who have worked in startups, people with great qualifications and experience. Take a read and think about the points above because many people seem to be saying the same thing.

Achievers Response

Oct 9, 2013Employee Success Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. To address your point on hiring friends, we strive to hire very similar-minded individuals with characteristics that fit a high-growth business and ... More

84 Other Employee Reviews for Achievers (View Most Recent)

Company is just a showoff

I have been working at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well you get free lunch, a laptop, free breakfast but as mentioned in other reviews the lunch is awful and breakfast is sometimes well past its expiry.

Cons

No direction at team level
    Your position is dependent on amount of cash in the bank for this startup
    People here watch and surf internet in the name of work
    No incentives except for the stock options which you dont know if its going to materialise
    Waste of time in company wide meetings which most people dont seem to be interested in

Needs to quickly realise that people make the company and not vice versa.
    There needs to be some sort of performance review
    Stop worrying about competitors and concentrate on what you make - which will make the company go forward

Forward Thinking Employer

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone here is incredibly talented at what they do. It's refreshing to work with incredibly talented individuals in a fast-paced company. Everyone has the same goal in mind and all work hard together to achieve it.

Even though the company is growing at such a fast pace, everyone still knows everyone else and it keeps coming to work enjoyable.

Having access to the stock options is amazing. We can see our company keep improving and succeeding in our space and know that we will all be rewarded even more down the road for our continued success.

Cons

With a fast-paced environment, comes lots of changes and extremely hard work. New deals means lots of new changes to the software and it's implementations. Not really a con, more a fact of business but it keeps us busy that's for sure.

Achievers Response

Oct 9, 2013Employee Success Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, and we couldn’t agree more! Achievers is very lucky to have incredibly talented employees like you. Our employees are the foundation of our ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Achievers