Achievers

www.achievers.com

Wish I'd trusted the bad feeling I had during the interview process.

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch, all-you-can-eat snacks and drinks, opportunities to choose your own rewards with points, a few great people, flexible schedule, amazing location.

Cons

For a company that specializes in engagement, I've rarely seen such a disengaged staff. Senior management hasn't the faintest clue what's going on, communication is dreadful, and the extreme emphasis on recognition leaves the unrecognized feeling awful. Few staff members are qualified for their jobs, although there are a few truly amazing standouts. You have to really drink the Kool-Aid to fit in here. When the in-crowd decides they don't like you, it's like Lord of the Flies.

Get rid of Razor and find an actual CEO.

Oct 9, 2013Employee Success Representative

Incredible feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review. You will be happy to hear that employee retention has increased. Employee engagement survey results indicate an ... More

Other Reviews for Achievers

Don't be fooled

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food, Some great people, cool workspace.

Cons

EGO city! You literally need to penetrate into one of the various cliques to have a chance at this company. The CEO thinks he running a fraternity and will literally say "YES" to anything potential customers ask. IPO will never happen here, best case they get bought, but senior management who claims to be well versed in IPO actually is not. Also, caution on any positive reviews as new hires are asked to fill out a glowing review in their first 30 days.

Stop lying to employees, they are adults. Stop lying to customers and sell what you can deliver.

Oct 9, 2013Employee Success Representative

We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback. To address your concerns in regards to the leadership team, you will be happy to hear that we have appointed Patrick D. Quirk as our President and ... More

Feel like I pledged the wrong frat and the pledge master is now hitting on my girlfriend

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a feel-good product. Who doesn't like being recognized? Clients (initially) like us and the idea of what we do for them.
    Free Food - lots of it.
    If you are "in" that week, management may be generous with points (our currency) so you can buy yourself something nice (if overpriced) from our limited catalogue.
    There are some very talented people here (caveat: they are not being utilized or recognized)
    Events and PR are outstanding. I bought into the hype, and some of our clients/prospects do too. Seriously, we should be overpaying these teams b/c they do the best things at the company.

Cons

Seriously wanted to love working here, but it just is NOT going to happen. This company touts itself as a serious software company, but it is just a social cult. If you don't like waking up on Monday wondering if management or the "cool" kids like you, then run.
    Everyone talks about going public all the time (speaks to the lack of real business experience and maturity). Really? an IPO? There are very few people here that understand what that means.
    We are not HQ'd in San Francisco. There is a presence in SF, but the leadership and direction come out of Toronto and those ideas are back in 1998 as far as how to compete and win in this space.

Start over. Don't play favorites. Get a strategy to execute on what we commit to clients.
    Take the time to appreciate the talents of your employees and quit listening to the advice/gossip of the inside few - too many good people who are incredibly talented have left or been asked to leave without anyone really investing them - the revolving door is incredibly expensive.

Oct 9, 2013Employee Success Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. To help address your concern regarding our presence in San Francisco, we are headquartered there, however, we work hard to ensure a strong ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Achievers.

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!