There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

Wish I'd trusted the bad feeling I had during the interview process.

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, all-you-can-eat snacks and drinks, opportunities to choose your own rewards with points, a few great people, flexible schedule, amazing location.

Cons

For a company that specializes in engagement, I've rarely seen such a disengaged staff. Senior management hasn't the faintest clue what's going on, communication is dreadful, and the extreme emphasis on recognition leaves the unrecognized feeling awful. Few staff members are qualified for their jobs, although there are a few truly amazing standouts. You have to really drink the Kool-Aid to fit in here. When the in-crowd decides they don't like you, it's like Lord of the Flies.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Razor and find an actual CEO.

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

Incredible feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review. You will be happy to hear that employee retention has increased. Employee engagement survey results indicate an ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Achievers

Poor excuse for a company

I worked at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food like every other startup in SF. Colleagues are nice and friendly, but you definitely have to make an effort to fit in with the team which means drinking the "kool-aid."

Cons

This company is a complete oxymoron. All they do is pitch employee engagement and recognition, yet I have never worked at a company with worse morale or turnover. The management team is all about telling you how great the company is, yet their actions do not support that. In my career, I have learned that a strong company consists of a strong leadership team who has the experience and vision to lead a company in the right direction, a product that works, and employees who are smarter than you. This company has none of that. Also, it is run more like a fraternity than a company, where culture is forced down your throat. Their "culture" is defined by spending 24 hours a day together, partying on the weekends, and not the shared values of the employees. Those who hang out with Razor are given preferential treatment and growth is not based on talent. Unfortunately, you don't realize how unhealthy the environment is until you leave. Given how much hiring is going on in tech these days, I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs.

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you very much for your feedback. Rest assured that when hiring our employees, we ensure that we see a fit within our culture. As we hold a strong cultural compass, you will find that many of ... More

Don't be fooled

I worked at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, Some great people, cool workspace.

Cons

EGO city! You literally need to penetrate into one of the various cliques to have a chance at this company. The CEO thinks he running a fraternity and will literally say "YES" to anything potential customers ask. IPO will never happen here, best case they get bought, but senior management who claims to be well versed in IPO actually is not. Also, caution on any positive reviews as new hires are asked to fill out a glowing review in their first 30 days.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to employees, they are adults. Stop lying to customers and sell what you can deliver.

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback. To address your concerns in regards to the leadership team, you will be happy to hear that we have appointed Patrick D. Quirk as our President and ... More