Achievers

www.achievers.com
  www.achievers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

Overall a pretty disappointing experience

I have been working at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great location, lots of potential for interesting work, free lunch daily.

The corporate messaging around employee engagement that gets you in the door is also reflected in their marketing, which makes you feel good about coming onboard.

Cons

Remember that great messaging around employee engagement? It's all show, at least in some key departments. Like the one churning out all that messaging which has to be one of the least engaged and least empowered teams I've ever worked with.

Senior leaders with poor people management skills somehow still advance up the corporate ladder, and are allowed to micromanage their often more experienced/competent staff. Isn't the point of hiring more experienced professionals that they can take ownership and drive results?

Although San Francisco is the headquarters, and where they've added on a large number of leadership hires in a few short months (CEO, CMO, CRO, a departed CHRO), most of the employees are in Toronto. Expect frequent travel to/from Toronto if you want to stay in the loop.

I came here thinking I'd have the opportunity to do some of the best work of my career. Instead, it has been incredibly disappointing.

Either get training for your inexperienced managers who've been promoted beyond their abilities, or find them an independent contributor role before they drive out more capable employees.

You've hired some amazing A-players -- don't squander their talents!

84 Other Employee Reviews for Achievers (View Most Recent)

Interesting how positive reviews come in Bulk?

I worked at Achievers

Pros

Food and drink options are good. There can be an element of fun there as long as Senior Management likes you.

Cons

Company has a High School feel to it, either your "in", or you are uncomfortable. Employees are asked (especially when they first start) to write positive reviews on Glass Door, thus the bulk reviews.

Allow people the freedom to take time out without guilt. Family is important to some people.

Be wary, unless your title starts with a "C"

I worked at Achievers full-time

Pros

You will get to work with a lot of smart people. There are some nice benefits, including using their own product. Lots of branded swag, if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

Favoritism and nepotism abound! Senior hires have brought along coworkers from previous organizations who don't go through the interview process, and end up as overpaid waste. More tenured leaders are too scared to stand up to the new hires & get walked all over. Culture is seriously failing, at a company about building culture!

All those smart people I mentioned in my Pros -- they are smart, but unless they are someone's favorite, their ideas and suggestions will be ignored. So much amazing talent is going to waste at Achievers because not everyone is in the 'inner circle'.

The employees are motivated by fear, and not by passion. (Hence all the good reviews on here are only from current employees who are scared to say otherwise. Same goes for me -- I was too scared to write my review until after I left.)

To the tenured senior management -- stand up for yourselves, and your employees! The recent senior hires are bringing moral and productivity down.

To the newer senior management -- check your ego at the door. If you need an executive assistant or first class flights, go work for a Fortune500 organization. Your ego is only making this company worse.

There are newer employer reviews for Achievers