Achievers

www.achievers.com
  www.achievers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

Great company, great market, great leadership team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

First of all, the product and value proposition is awesome - our job is literally to create programs that make people happier about their job on a day to day basis. I've worked for plenty of software companies and never had such a great mission to work towards.

Also, the overall energy and culture is great. People care about each other, work hard, have fun and communicate well. I haven't noticed any of the "cliques" that other reviews seem to talk about, maybe that's just based on my group and location but everything I see is pretty awesome.

Our new leadership (CEO, CMO, SVP of Product, Chairman of Board, CRO) is world class, and is pushing us in a great overall direction. We've had good success to date in the market and we're just scratching the surface of the opportunity, so the upside right now feels pretty tremendous.

Also, as a married person with a kid, it's refreshing to find a company with all the intensity of a start-up which doesn't somehow assume I'm going to be at work 12 hours a day. I put in a solid day, work really hard, answer a few emails when needed from home - and work life balance is very easy to attain without feeling I'm not "making the grade."

Sure, there's typical "fast growing company" pains - sometimes things are a little hectic, communication is always evolving, etc. - but that's to be expected and everyone is earnestly trying to do the right thing so it's easy to do the same.

Cons

It being a fast growing company, there's always a new person or new initiative to accommodate. It's a fast paced environment, and if you don't like that or want something less exciting and less challenging, I would see that as a drawback.

Sometimes communication between groups can be less than perfect as we navigation a two office structure (SF & Toronto), but that's improving every day.

Keep pushing to grow the company while keeping the culture, emphasize inclusiveness and merit-based rewards, and grow, grow, grow!

84 Other Employee Reviews for Achievers (View Most Recent)

Overall a pretty disappointing experience

I have been working at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great location, lots of potential for interesting work, free lunch daily.

The corporate messaging around employee engagement that gets you in the door is also reflected in their marketing, which makes you feel good about coming onboard.

Cons

Remember that great messaging around employee engagement? It's all show, at least in some key departments. Like the one churning out all that messaging which has to be one of the least engaged and least empowered teams I've ever worked with.

Senior leaders with poor people management skills somehow still advance up the corporate ladder, and are allowed to micromanage their often more experienced/competent staff. Isn't the point of hiring more experienced professionals that they can take ownership and drive results?

Although San Francisco is the headquarters, and where they've added on a large number of leadership hires in a few short months (CEO, CMO, CRO, a departed CHRO), most of the employees are in Toronto. Expect frequent travel to/from Toronto if you want to stay in the loop.

I came here thinking I'd have the opportunity to do some of the best work of my career. Instead, it has been incredibly disappointing.

Either get training for your inexperienced managers who've been promoted beyond their abilities, or find them an independent contributor role before they drive out more capable employees.

You've hired some amazing A-players -- don't squander their talents!

Interesting how positive reviews come in Bulk?

I worked at Achievers

Pros

Food and drink options are good. There can be an element of fun there as long as Senior Management likes you.

Cons

Company has a High School feel to it, either your "in", or you are uncomfortable. Employees are asked (especially when they first start) to write positive reviews on Glass Door, thus the bulk reviews.

Allow people the freedom to take time out without guilt. Family is important to some people.

There are newer employer reviews for Achievers