Achievers
www.achievers.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Great company, great market, great leadership team

San Francisco, CA

ProsFirst of all, the product and value proposition is awesome - our job is literally to create programs that make people happier about their job on a day to day basis. I've worked for plenty of software companies and never had such a great mission to work towards.

Also, the overall energy and culture is great. People care about each other, work hard, have fun and communicate well. I haven't noticed any of the "cliques" that other reviews seem to talk about, maybe that's just based on my group and location but everything I see is pretty awesome.

Our new leadership (CEO, CMO, SVP of Product, Chairman of Board, CRO) is world class, and is pushing us in a great overall direction. We've had good success to date in the market and we're just scratching the surface of the opportunity, so the upside right now feels pretty tremendous.

Also, as a married person with a kid, it's refreshing to find a company with all the intensity of a start-up which doesn't somehow assume I'm going to be at work 12 hours a day. I put in a solid day, work really hard, answer a few emails when needed from home - and work life balance is very easy to attain without feeling I'm not "making the grade."

Sure, there's typical "fast growing company" pains - sometimes things are a little hectic, communication is always evolving, etc. - but that's to be expected and everyone is earnestly trying to do the right thing so it's easy to do the same.

ConsIt being a fast growing company, there's always a new person or new initiative to accommodate. It's a fast paced environment, and if you don't like that or want something less exciting and less challenging, I would see that as a drawback.

Sometimes communication between groups can be less than perfect as we navigation a two office structure (SF & Toronto), but that's improving every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing to grow the company while keeping the culture, emphasize inclusiveness and merit-based rewards, and grow, grow, grow!

Overall a pretty disappointing experience

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great location, lots of potential for interesting work, free lunch daily. The corporate messaging around employee engagement that gets… Cons: Remember that great messaging around employee engagement? It's all show, at least in some key departments. Like the one churning out all that messaging which… Advice to Senior Management: Either get training for your inexperienced managers who've been promoted beyond their abilities, or find them an independent… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Be wary, unless your title starts with a "C"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Achievers full-time

Pros: You will get to work with a lot of smart people. There are some nice benefits,… Cons: Favoritism and nepotism abound! Senior hires have brought along coworkers from previous organizations who don't go through the interview process, and end up as overpaid… Advice to Senior Management: To the tenured senior management -- stand up for yourselves, and your employees! The recent senior hires are bringing moral and productivity down. To the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Achievers.

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!

Achievers – Why Work for Us?

Mission and Vision Achievers’ mission is to Change the Way the World Works. Your employees are your company’s greatest asset; when you empower them to succeed, your business reaps the benefits. Achievers Software and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Achievers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Achievers CEO Patrick D. Quirk. All reviews posted anonymously by Achievers employees.