There are newer employer reviews for Achievers

Great technology and team, lots of opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, experienced leadership, the HR technology space is hot and being the #1 provider in the industry means Achievers is poised to take off.

Cons

This may or may not be a con, but things move fast around here and are changing everyday. You must be agile and adapt to meet the large opportunity Achievers is chasing.

Advice to Management

Continue to work towards growing and training the talent you have so employees stay excited about advancement opportunities within the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

New leadership, great people undeniable future.

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been fortunate to have been apart of some great growth companies in the past. This company and opportunity has me the most excited than I have been in the past 10 years. The people are great. Everyone is here to help. No politics. The new leadership team is fantastic and the moves have been brilliant. They are technology pros, no question. It's the only company I know of addressing an existing 46 billion dollar market that has not yet been addressed properly by a SaaS platform. It's also backed by Sequoia, which brings the heat. The leadership team and the board are just flat out winners.

Cons

1) Old glassdoor reviews from people that were stuck in the awkward teenage phase of the company... all companies go through it in rapid growth, some employees handle it better than others to see it through to the other side. 2) I think everyone has seen enough success in the last 3 to 6 months with the new leadership team that any doubters have stopped doubting, but there still might be some people in the culture with a bit of a memory hangover from those awkward teenage days. They need to get right quick.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Believe in and invest in the folks that really want to see this company be something amazing, which you already are.

Great company, great market, great leadership team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, the product and value proposition is awesome - our job is literally to create programs that make people happier about their job on a day to day basis. I've worked for plenty of software companies and never had such a great mission to work towards.

Also, the overall energy and culture is great. People care about each other, work hard, have fun and communicate well. I haven't noticed any of the "cliques" that other reviews seem to talk about, maybe that's just based on my group and location but everything I see is pretty awesome.

Our new leadership (CEO, CMO, SVP of Product, Chairman of Board, CRO) is world class, and is pushing us in a great overall direction. We've had good success to date in the market and we're just scratching the surface of the opportunity, so the upside right now feels pretty tremendous.

Also, as a married person with a kid, it's refreshing to find a company with all the intensity of a start-up which doesn't somehow assume I'm going to be at work 12 hours a day. I put in a solid day, work really hard, answer a few emails when needed from home - and work life balance is very easy to attain without feeling I'm not "making the grade."

Sure, there's typical "fast growing company" pains - sometimes things are a little hectic, communication is always evolving, etc. - but that's to be expected and everyone is earnestly trying to do the right thing so it's easy to do the same.

Cons

It being a fast growing company, there's always a new person or new initiative to accommodate. It's a fast paced environment, and if you don't like that or want something less exciting and less challenging, I would see that as a drawback.

Sometimes communication between groups can be less than perfect as we navigation a two office structure (SF & Toronto), but that's improving every day.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to grow the company while keeping the culture, emphasize inclusiveness and merit-based rewards, and grow, grow, grow!