Acor Orthopaedic
www.acor.com Cleveland, OH 50 to 149 Employees

Unless you're desparate, please do not apply at Acor Orthopaedic.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

ProsThe "little people" at Acor made the job enjoyable. We had a bond and mutual respect for each other that would be hard to match. The picnics and the Christmas parties were fun.

ConsThere were many downsides. In a particular department, it helps if you are a snitch (per a supervisor) to advance. Also, a particular manager, unless the owners were in town, sat and read magazines most of the day, surfed the web, or stared at his girlfriend who worked 5 feet away. Every year I was employed there, a 2% raise was given to everyone in the company. That barely made a difference on the paycheck, since every year health benefits increased. The communication was horrible. We didn't have weekly meetings to talk about new products, so when customers called to ask us about something, we had no idea what they meant. Whenever there was an employee "pow wow," compliments from the supervisor were read from a piece of paper instead of being told to our faces. More and more work was forced upon us from other departments in the company because the supervisor didn't have the nerve to stand up for us "little people" in the office, which made the days so busy we couldn't get all of our work finished. Sexual harrassment by the supervisor. I'm not sure how much I can say legally on this site, but I have audio and video of very inappropriate comments made to the office women. There are many more downsides, but I'd have finished a novel after they were explained!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease train your new employees instead of making current employees do it! If you don't appreciate the way it was done, then do it yourselves, instead of criticizing the trainers. Lastly, make a rule about fraternizing with supervisors. There's no need for dating drama in the workplace.

Can you give zero stars? You can't make this stuff up.

I have been working at Acor Orthopaedic

Pros: Products manufactured in Asia at some crummy factory. So much for Made in the USA. Some shoes smelled… Cons: When the President can't agree on company direction with the CEO, and they are brothers, you have a problem. They try to sell direct… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue. You are out of touch. … More

Hard working company

Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Acor Orthopaedic full-time

Pros: Family owned. You get to know owerns Cons: They ask a lot of employees, a bit more than… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Acor Orthopaedic.

Worked for Acor Orthopaedic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acor Orthopaedic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acor Orthopaedic CEO Greg Alaimo. All reviews posted anonymously by Acor Orthopaedic employees.