There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

Can I have some money for a new pair of sox (I spent what I had on GPS fees & printer ink).

Current Employee - Merchandiser.  in  Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Merchandiser. in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Great Management. Leadership. Ability to advance to a better position by proving pride in a job well done.

Cons

I can't think of any downside to working for Acosta, except pay rates. I have been with other companies in the area, and I know the pay is about the same across the board, but it's really hard to make ends meet. I like my job, the management, and the company- that's important to me. At the same time, buying a pair of sox shouldn't be a major purchase decision.

I appreciate the respect you show me. I like working for Acosta because you notice when I do a good job, and you listen when I need your advice. The issue of money is the only real source of stress (constant, relentless stress).

348 Other Employee Reviews for Acosta (View Most Recent)

A small view of Acosta retail.

Current Employee - RCM  in  Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - RCM in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

There is alot schedule flexibility as to making my own schedule of stores. The benefit program is pretty good! Also, Acosta really supports rapport building...this gives me company support to establish and build up key relationships within my accounts. They really make an effort to recognize a job well done.

Cons

There have been NO raises during my employment. Also, in this particular job, we must carry handhelds - they are very outdated and difficult to navigate - they are constantly having technological issues with them. These handhelds are the key to our jobs...a bit difficult to work if your main key element is not working properly!

Consider putting yourselves into the shoes of your employees. We ARE the hands and feet of Acosta and we could use more than a verbal pat-on-the-back...put some dollar value behind it! Pay should be commensurate with job performance. If you have an outstanding employee, acknowledge that with a raise!

Company with a great reputation, but some work to do

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Work life balance: Management values work life balance and offers a lot of flexibility.

Stature: The company has significant prestige and power within the industry, and it's nice to be a part of that. Acosta is a leader in its field.

Cons

Pay: Pay isn't always competitive with other firms in the consumer packaged goods field, particularly compared to manufacturers. Many people leave Acosta to go work for our clients.

Morale: There are some groups of employees who complain incessantly, and management hasn't figured out either how to make them happy or get them out. Some have been around for 5-10+ years and unhappy the entire time. It's contagious - maybe even cancerous, to use a terrible metaphor.

Fire assholes. They seem to hang around forever, and they have disproportionate influence over important decisions, like hiring. Assholes hire assholes, so it becomes self-perpetuating.

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!