Acosta

www.acosta.com
  www.acosta.com
There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

A leader in the industry that respects work-life balance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Acosta

Pros

Acosta, a 'food broker', is a leader in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry. I did feel valued as an employee and had many positive experiences in the years I was there. Some of the people managers were better suited for independent contributor roles, but some were fantastic at communicating and developing their teams. It is a great place to work, especially for those with designs on careers in the Retail industry.

Cons

People management skills at Acosta are not well developed in all people managers. Also, investments in technology are sometimes short-sighted. The company has a difficult time deciding when to buy and when to build solutions and testing of technology solutions in terms of usability and user acceptance is very poor.

380 Other Employee Reviews for Acosta (View Most Recent)

It's a paycheck

Current Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Unless you are a real screwup, you won't get fired. Everyone has to eat so whether the economy is up or down, Acosta is growing. Decent people and the work load is reasonable. People aren't paid to work 60 hours/week. Company, from the CEO on down is very family oriented so if you need to take off for kids, etc it isn't a big deal. Very much of "as long as you get your work done, it's ok."

Cons

Very flat organization so little/no chance of promotion. Food industry doesn't make a lot of profits so chances for promotions/raises are slim. Organization is VERY siloed. Sharing of information is virtually non-existent. HR is worthless, Goals for the next year aren't done until midway through the year. Year runs Nov 1 - Oct 31. Goals aren't set or even talked about until February which is 2nd quarter.

They need to be leaders and managers, not just administrators.

Area manager is young, and doesn't realize quality people.

Current Employee - General Merchandiser in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - General Merchandiser in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Hours are good when you can get them.
    I really like my job.

Cons

Manager is 20 something. Favors others with more work. Very inexperienced.
    Shows favoritism to people who play up to him.
    Doesn't realize people need work to put food on the table. Area management is very poor.

Pay people a decent wage, and you will get quality people. People that want to work should be given the opportunity for more hours.
    I like this type of work, and if things don't change, I'm going to another agency.

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta