Acosta
www.acosta.com Jacksonville, FL 5000+ Employees

A leader in the industry that respects work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Acosta

ProsAcosta, a 'food broker', is a leader in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry. I did feel valued as an employee and had many positive experiences in the years I was there. Some of the people managers were better suited for independent contributor roles, but some were fantastic at communicating and developing their teams. It is a great place to work, especially for those with designs on careers in the Retail industry.

ConsPeople management skills at Acosta are not well developed in all people managers. Also, investments in technology are sometimes short-sighted. The company has a difficult time deciding when to buy and when to build solutions and testing of technology solutions in terms of usability and user acceptance is very poor.

It's a paycheck

Vice President (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Acosta

Pros: Unless you are a real screwup, you won't get fired. Everyone has to eat so whether the economy is up or down, Acosta is growing.… Cons: Very flat organization so little/no chance of promotion. Food industry doesn't make a lot of profits so chances for promotions/raises are slim. Organization is… Advice to Senior Management: They need to be leaders and managers, not just administrators. More

Area manager is young, and doesn't realize quality people.

General Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acosta

Pros: Hours are good when you can get them. I really like… Cons: Manager is 20 something. Favors others with more work. Very inexperienced. Shows favoritism to people who play… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people a decent wage, and you will get quality people. People that want to work should be given the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Acosta.

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acosta reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acosta CEO Robert Hill. All reviews posted anonymously by Acosta employees.