Acosta

Great Learning Opportunity, Great People, Poor Pay

Current Employee - Category Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Category Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Acosta is a great place for young CPGers to learn and grow professionally. Working with a multitude of clients and retailers on a daily basis will expose you to the ins and outs of the industry. Rather than learning one way of doing things, at Acosta you get hands-on, real-life experiences as to the methodoligies that different CPG suppliers approach their business in the marketplace.

Cons

Acosta would be a great place to work if the pay was 10%-15% more. Many young Acosta employees will put in their 1-3 year "apprenticeship" so-to-speak and then take their skills and knowledge elsewhere within the industry for greater pay.

Don't continue to let your company be a breeding ground for talent that you can't retain. You do all the training and development, but then watch that talent go elsewhere because your pay scale is below that of the greater CPG industry.

382 Other Employee Reviews for Acosta (View Most Recent)

Retail Marketing

Current Employee - Merchandise Representative in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Merchandise Representative in Novi, MI

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

great teams, lots of advancement available, wonderful people

Cons

Part-time only, unpredictable hours being offered.

I am looking forward to the future with you

Love my job just wish more appreciation was shown for all the hard work done. Because I absolutely love my job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Great place to work, love my job. Always learning something new. Love the hours, overall a good place to work have referred many people. Love to travel every opportunity i get, even at last minute.

Cons

No raises ever
    Major favortisim
    Most full time positions go to the least experienced and unqualified

I think there would be less turnaround, less no call no shows, less people calling in and missing work if given more incentive, i.e.; pay raises, cost of living continues to go up but pay scales seem to stay the same year after year after year. Need to show more appreciation for the hard work we do.

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta