Great Learning Opportunity, Great People, Poor Pay

Current Employee - Category Analyst  in  Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Category Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Acosta is a great place for young CPGers to learn and grow professionally. Working with a multitude of clients and retailers on a daily basis will expose you to the ins and outs of the industry. Rather than learning one way of doing things, at Acosta you get hands-on, real-life experiences as to the methodoligies that different CPG suppliers approach their business in the marketplace.

Cons

Acosta would be a great place to work if the pay was 10%-15% more. Many young Acosta employees will put in their 1-3 year "apprenticeship" so-to-speak and then take their skills and knowledge elsewhere within the industry for greater pay.

Don't continue to let your company be a breeding ground for talent that you can't retain. You do all the training and development, but then watch that talent go elsewhere because your pay scale is below that of the greater CPG industry.

Other Reviews for Acosta

If you work hard...

Current Employee - Business Manager Assistant - BMA  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Business Manager Assistant - BMA in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity to advance if you come to work to do your job. I continually get praise for my efforts and am on my 2nd promotion in as many years. I know some people who complain all day long about the work they have to do but what they fail to recognize is that work is their job. Makes sense, right?

Cons

There is a lot expected of you to advance. You can’t just come here and coast and expect to get ahead. This isn’t Best Buy! (J/K) The pay isn’t great and really should be looked at by upper management.

Pay people better!

Retail Marketing

Current Employee - Merchandise Representative  in  Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Merchandise Representative in Novi, MI

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

great teams, lots of advancement available, wonderful people

Cons

Part-time only, unpredictable hours being offered.

I am looking forward to the future with you

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta.

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!