Interesting and invaluable

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser
Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I worked at Acosta

Pros

Salary and mileage are fair, and work is interesting and varies [somewhat] on a daily basis. If you get on a good team, cooperation is exceptional among your peers.

Cons

You may not have work in "your area" which means you travel. There is some mileage paid, but not full value. The holidays can be rough, in that you may only work one or two days a week. There is project work, but then you may not get hours. It is tough moving to another team for more work.

Advice to Management

Please, post schedules more quickly and fully. Please help us come up with effective ways to counteract difficult [bad] micromanagement from other companies supervisors - we feel like we have no recourse but to leave.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's a mixed bag

Current Employee - Sets and Projects
    Current Employee - Sets and Projects

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Opportunity to learn something new. Hourly wage is a bit better than in many other retailers. You can work in small groups or independently and there's no one around breathing down your neck.

Cons

Work is very sporadic, especially if you're new. I'm currently on my third week without any new work from Acosta. Some managers are great, but my manager is borderline incompetent. Full-time work is very hard to come by. Part-time is VERY part-time, to the point where it seems like your boss is trying to keep you from qualifying for health insurance.

Advice to Management

Simplify systems for recording work and expenses. It's confusing and idiotic to use so many separate websites and log-ins for everything. Hire more managers that will actually answer their phones when someone calls to ask a question. Quit offering piecemeal jobs that take as long to work as it does to drive one way. Look at your competitors and adjust your hourly and driving compensation.

2. Good place to work!

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

We are booming in a down economy!

Cons

As a large organization, communication is tough.