There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

The bigger they got the less the employees got

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Acosta full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They do give you decent vacation and sick time as well as all paid holidays.

Cons

They are a stable company you can count on that but the pay raises are sad to say. So what you expect to live on for the next 5 years you should ask for when being hired otherwise you can figure on 1-2 1/2 percent raise every other year and the max is usually about 5% and you better be good to get that. I did twice. Also, normally a freeze on raises every other year. The benefits were good, at least better than most companies these days. They started out a small company and grew very quickly and that's when the bonuses stopped or should I say went from about $1500 or so a year down to $50.00 at xmas...?? Pay raises don't even keep up with the rising cost of gas that is why I stated what you intend on making you should ask for when being hired otherwise you are stuck with that for a long.

Take time out to think about the employees that are trying to live on some of the salaries that they are making and think what could be done to give them a better raise each year. I am sure there are many areas that could be cut back on to increase employees salaries. No, I am not talking about management they are paid well. I am talking about the hourly employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. The only good part is the flexible schedule

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Acosta part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The starting pay isn't bad
    My boss is really nice and generally gets back to me in a timely manner

Cons

Raises are basically nonexistant
    Was recently told that carpooling isn't allowed
    Mileage rate is below what the IRS has listed
    Some of the managers seem to be very vindictive

Fix your mileage rates because we put tons of miles on our cars every week and spend way more in gas than what we are reimbursed for. I'm not sure how you're allowed to tell me or anyone else what mode of transportation we can take to work, so you should work on letting managers know that it doesn't concern them as long as all of my store calls are fulfilled every week. Even a twenty-five cent raise a year is better than nothing, so please stop being so cheap when it comes to the people who work really hard to make this company thrive.

2. Great Learning Opportunity, Great People, Poor Pay

Current Employee - Category Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Category Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Acosta is a great place for young CPGers to learn and grow professionally. Working with a multitude of clients and retailers on a daily basis will expose you to the ins and outs of the industry. Rather than learning one way of doing things, at Acosta you get hands-on, real-life experiences as to the methodoligies that different CPG suppliers approach their business in the marketplace.

Cons

Acosta would be a great place to work if the pay was 10%-15% more. Many young Acosta employees will put in their 1-3 year "apprenticeship" so-to-speak and then take their skills and knowledge elsewhere within the industry for greater pay.

Don't continue to let your company be a breeding ground for talent that you can't retain. You do all the training and development, but then watch that talent go elsewhere because your pay scale is below that of the greater CPG industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta