There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Unit Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you love working with many different companies in the grocery industry, this is the job for you.

Cons

The pay could be better, but overall it balances.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the worker on the street, it is they who have to keep up with all the constant changes and demands.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The bigger they got the less the employees got

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Acosta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They do give you decent vacation and sick time as well as all paid holidays.

Cons

They are a stable company you can count on that but the pay raises are sad to say. So what you expect to live on for the next 5 years you should ask for when being hired otherwise you can figure on 1-2 1/2 percent raise every other year and the max is usually about 5% and you better be good to get that. I did twice. Also, normally a freeze on raises every other year. The benefits were good, at least better than most companies these days. They started out a small company and grew very quickly and that's when the bonuses stopped or should I say went from about $1500 or so a year down to $50.00 at xmas...?? Pay raises don't even keep up with the rising cost of gas that is why I stated what you intend on making you should ask for when being hired otherwise you are stuck with that for a long.

Advice to Management

Take time out to think about the employees that are trying to live on some of the salaries that they are making and think what could be done to give them a better raise each year. I am sure there are many areas that could be cut back on to increase employees salaries. No, I am not talking about management they are paid well. I am talking about the hourly employees.

2. The only good part is the flexible schedule

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Acosta part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The starting pay isn't bad My boss is really nice and generally gets back to me in a timely manner

Cons

Raises are basically nonexistant Was recently told that carpooling isn't allowed Mileage rate is below what the IRS has listed Some of the managers seem to be very vindictive

Advice to Management

Fix your mileage rates because we put tons of miles on our cars every week and spend way more in gas than what we are reimbursed for. I'm not sure how you're allowed to tell me or anyone else what mode of transportation we can take to work, so you should work on letting managers know that it doesn't concern them as long as all of my store calls are fulfilled every week. Even a twenty-five cent raise a year is better than nothing, so please stop being so cheap when it comes to the people who work really hard to make this company thrive.