Acosta

www.acosta.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

This Company is a Joke....run forrest run........

Former Employee - Terriorty Manager in Ocala, FL
Former Employee - Terriorty Manager in Ocala, FL

I worked at Acosta full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not sure there is any. stay away.

Cons

Worked for this company for 11 and half yrs. to get a phone call on Dec. 2 saying I longer had a job due to my zip code! Are you serious? I had'nt received a raise in 5yrs and when I did it was dime! The milage is a joke at what you put out and what you get back every month. You work off the clock and dont get paid because you have to answer emails til 10pm -11pm at nite. The demands they put on you are out there. They laid 200 people off to get account in Jan. This is very greedy copmany to work for. I bet the none of the office people lost there jobs but they lay off people out in the feild doing a job that matters not sitting behind a desk. While at xmas time they have a xmas office party and you get a whole 50.00 bonus that they take taxes out. No room for advancement unless you are in the clich or know someone in upper magement to much favoritism.

Care about the emplyoees out in the fieild making you money quit being so greddy. Remember what goes up must come down. Dont give millions dollars to charties on tv when u cant take of your empyoees you treat them like dog poop. How would you like to get a phone call after manny years of dedication to say you longer have a job due to your zip code 3weeks before xmas?

419 Other Employee Reviews for Acosta (View Most Recent)

Great Learning Opportunity, Great People, Poor Pay

Current Employee - Category Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Category Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Acosta is a great place for young CPGers to learn and grow professionally. Working with a multitude of clients and retailers on a daily basis will expose you to the ins and outs of the industry. Rather than learning one way of doing things, at Acosta you get hands-on, real-life experiences as to the methodoligies that different CPG suppliers approach their business in the marketplace.

Cons

Acosta would be a great place to work if the pay was 10%-15% more. Many young Acosta employees will put in their 1-3 year "apprenticeship" so-to-speak and then take their skills and knowledge elsewhere within the industry for greater pay.

Don't continue to let your company be a breeding ground for talent that you can't retain. You do all the training and development, but then watch that talent go elsewhere because your pay scale is below that of the greater CPG industry.

If you work hard...

Current Employee - Business Manager Assistant - BMA in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Business Manager Assistant - BMA in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity to advance if you come to work to do your job. I continually get praise for my efforts and am on my 2nd promotion in as many years. I know some people who complain all day long about the work they have to do but what they fail to recognize is that work is their job. Makes sense, right?

Cons

There is a lot expected of you to advance. You can’t just come here and coast and expect to get ahead. This isn’t Best Buy! (J/K) The pay isn’t great and really should be looked at by upper management.

Pay people better!