Acosta

www.acosta.com
  www.acosta.com
There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

This Company is a Joke....run forrest run........

Former Employee - Terriorty Manager in Ocala, FL
Former Employee - Terriorty Manager in Ocala, FL

I worked at Acosta full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not sure there is any. stay away.

Cons

Worked for this company for 11 and half yrs. to get a phone call on Dec. 2 saying I longer had a job due to my zip code! Are you serious? I had'nt received a raise in 5yrs and when I did it was dime! The milage is a joke at what you put out and what you get back every month. You work off the clock and dont get paid because you have to answer emails til 10pm -11pm at nite. The demands they put on you are out there. They laid 200 people off to get account in Jan. This is very greedy copmany to work for. I bet the none of the office people lost there jobs but they lay off people out in the feild doing a job that matters not sitting behind a desk. While at xmas time they have a xmas office party and you get a whole 50.00 bonus that they take taxes out. No room for advancement unless you are in the clich or know someone in upper magement to much favoritism.

Care about the emplyoees out in the fieild making you money quit being so greddy. Remember what goes up must come down. Dont give millions dollars to charties on tv when u cant take of your empyoees you treat them like dog poop. How would you like to get a phone call after manny years of dedication to say you longer have a job due to your zip code 3weeks before xmas?

370 Other Employee Reviews for Acosta (View Most Recent)

The bigger they got the less the employees got

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Acosta full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They do give you decent vacation and sick time as well as all paid holidays.

Cons

They are a stable company you can count on that but the pay raises are sad to say. So what you expect to live on for the next 5 years you should ask for when being hired otherwise you can figure on 1-2 1/2 percent raise every other year and the max is usually about 5% and you better be good to get that. I did twice. Also, normally a freeze on raises every other year. The benefits were good, at least better than most companies these days. They started out a small company and grew very quickly and that's when the bonuses stopped or should I say went from about $1500 or so a year down to $50.00 at xmas...?? Pay raises don't even keep up with the rising cost of gas that is why I stated what you intend on making you should ask for when being hired otherwise you are stuck with that for a long.

Take time out to think about the employees that are trying to live on some of the salaries that they are making and think what could be done to give them a better raise each year. I am sure there are many areas that could be cut back on to increase employees salaries. No, I am not talking about management they are paid well. I am talking about the hourly employees.

If you work hard...

Current Employee - Business Manager Assistant - BMA in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Business Manager Assistant - BMA in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity to advance if you come to work to do your job. I continually get praise for my efforts and am on my 2nd promotion in as many years. I know some people who complain all day long about the work they have to do but what they fail to recognize is that work is their job. Makes sense, right?

Cons

There is a lot expected of you to advance. You can’t just come here and coast and expect to get ahead. This isn’t Best Buy! (J/K) The pay isn’t great and really should be looked at by upper management.

Pay people better!