Acosta

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

Business Sales Manager

Former Employee - Business Sales Manager
Former Employee - Business Sales Manager

I worked at Acosta full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Training
Flexible schedule opportunities
Meet nice clients & customers
Learning skills that can be used in the future

Cons

Top Heavy
Salaries are not equal for same level positions
work volume may be uneven for same level positions
Opportunity to grow may be hindered
Downsizing of company has caused work overload on existing staff

re-evaluate pay structure
cut out many upper level positions creating more unneccessary work for the workers

370 Other Employee Reviews for Acosta (View Most Recent)

OnBoarding

I have been working at Acosta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good amount of time off offered.

Cons

No Training - sink or swim. Employees do not like the company. There is very little in the way of loyalty to management and little to no belief that things can or will get better. Pay is not commesurate with expected levels of performance.

Walk the walk, evaluate job duties as compared to the rest of the industry as it relates to pay for performance.

Not a bad company to work for but they really don't pay all that well.

Former Employee - Retail Coverage Specialist
    Former Employee - Retail Coverage Specialist

I worked at Acosta part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not a really overwhelming workload. If you have a position working out in the field with some of the stores you frequent weekly, you can build working relationships that could segway into other employment offers.

I also liked that you can pretty much call in when you have sick children or emergencies and not get hounded about it. As long as you got your work done, they did not mind. I was even more surprised that I got to take a leave of absence for a month for a family emergency (my mother was dying of cancer). I thought that I would have to quit my job to take care of her but my position was held for me and was able to come back when I was ready.

Cons

The pay is horrible. The mileage was 38 cents a mile, and i'm sure its still the same. Supervisors throw new work on you with little to no training. When i started this job I was never formally trained. I had to litterally go into a store with a netbook and do shelf scans, got hounded in the store because nobody knew who I worked for and why I was there. I also worked out in the field and had to drive long distances, which equals a lot of wear and tear on your OWN car. Oil changes and new tires are not cheap, plus I racked up a lot of miles on my car. For the measly pay I was recieving this did not make any sense. Why put wear and tear on my car to work full time hours and only get part time pay? Also, there was never any chances to pull in extra hours, or move up to different positions with better pay. The position I did required that you work on weekends too, this is bad if you have small children and no reliable babysitter. I was on the team that just worked in Wal Mart, so anybody knows that the weekends in Wal Mart are VERY busy which can make your job a hassle at times.

Pay your employees better and it will make them stick around longer. And reimburse more for mileage because GAS IS NOT CHEAP!

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta