a good experience

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Merchandiser in New York, NY

I have been working at Acosta full-time for more than a year

Pros

you can have a flexible schedule

Cons

alot of driving involved here

Other Reviews for Acosta

Great learning experiences inthe cpg industry

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acosta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Freedom, family values, benefits, home office

Cons

Very large company, communication, a lot of red tape

Hopefully better things will come

Current Employee - Acosta Retail Merchandiser  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Acosta Retail Merchandiser in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Acosta part-time for less than a year

Pros

A good part time job for a college student who has a second job (like me). Very flexible, good pay, no supervision pressure and every work day is different.

Cons

Where can I start...

1) I looked for this job because I needed more income like any other person. So far, my income has only slightly changed and I mean BARELY, receiving a minimum 5-10 hrs a week. My manager did tell me that the winter is a slow work season so I hope I see a change soon.

2) Training is a joke... its all online and nothing really prepares you, its mostly how to use your merchandiser dashboard or Atlas payroll and very minimal on the actual job duties. When I received my first work order, a lot of new retail vocabulary and things did not make sense to me until I actually had to call my manager or HR to explain more clearly.

3) The work orders themselves aren't consistent. They are very broad and don't exactly relate to the store you are heading to, instead its a store in general. For example, there are thousands of Target stores in the USA. That work order is not pin pointing the Target you are about to work in. So you may get confused managers wondering why you were asked to go to their store or only able to complete half your tasks.

4) Because you may only complete half your tasks, you are always worried if you will get in trouble. For example, you get a call to Walmart to complete some tasks but only half of those tasks can be complete on the work order. You will always go to a store thinking you have everything studied and planned out but only to find out that some have to omitted. Do we get in trouble for this? I don't know since I never received information like this in orientation. We better not because every Walmart is different so they all will not contain the same inventory or other things. Sometimes the managers at the store don't even know why you are there so no tasks are completed.

5) Communication is awful... lets just keep it at that

Give some more information and training on the new merchandisers who were hired

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta.

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!