There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

Why am I still here?

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Acosta part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I receive a deplorably low paycheck every two weeks, for backbreaking work, headaches from dealing with incompetent coworkers, and frustration from apathetic managers.

Cons

No chance for advancement. none. Never plan on being able to move up from your current position. When my yearly review comes around i am inevitably told that I am a great and reliable worker, and yet I have never received a pay raise. The "career pathway" is just left blank. The turn over is incredible. There is no differentiation between good workers and poor ones. Lazy and slow people tend to stay around for a while, but anybody with a decent work ethic end up getting disgusted and leave soon.

ASAP managers seam to have no idea what is going on in the store at night. Who is working and whos sucking up time. If they did they might not have such high turnover.

359 Other Employee Reviews for Acosta (View Most Recent)

Some days are good

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Flexible hours, if you get job done fast you get paid for the estimated duration of the call. Relatively straightforward work. Supervisors are nice as long as you are a good employee.

Cons

A lot of driving required, not good mileage reimbursement. Some stores give you a hard time. Can be scheduled for a call the night before.

Let me know if you decide to assign a call for me at least 48 hours in advance.

not the best company to work for but i'm sure there is worse

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Acosta full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They kept me busy and the work was all over new york state. My boss was very people oriented.

Cons

you will never get a raise from this company. i made the same amount no matter how hard i worked and managers liked me.

remember your good people are the ones that make you or break you

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta