There are newer employer reviews for Acosta

Good experience for independent people

Former Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Flagstaff, AZ
Former Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Acosta part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It gives you the ability to work at your own pace without having a supervisor present to add pressure.
The hands on learning of the job, and building relationships with management is great practice for other jobs or everyday life.

Cons

Supervisor training was indirect and confusing at times. Sometimes I did more than I should and sometimes I did less than I should, but lack of communication was the reason.

Be more clear when providing training to newer employees

359 Other Employee Reviews for Acosta (View Most Recent)

Miserable

Current Employee - Management in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Management in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Acosta full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good clients to work with- That is it!

Cons

Complete disorganization within management, they do not treat their employees well. Work is 7 days a week and the pay is terrible. That is just the tip of the iceberg. They operate unethically and practice unfair business practices. I have never experienced working for a company like this, I am not proud to say that I work here.

Quit your jobs and let in some people who know what they are doing, please.

degrading. makes you feel un-appreciated, like just another number.

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Acosta full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

nice co-workers. M-F workweek and some schedule flexibility. certain supervisors are ok to get along with (but others need a lot of people skills.)

Cons

The worst of all is that this company is cheap. They almost NEVER give raises, and if so it is some kind of insult like 13 cents an hour (no kidding!) But for myself I have worked there for 7 years and have not gotten a SINGLE raise! nothing!! they don't even give cost of living raises, no bonus's either. No Christmas bonus as well. Even though my annual reviews were always good and within guidelines, and I had near perfect attendance and handled quite more of a workload than most workers. On that note, by the way, the reward they give you for doing more work than others? that's right, they give you even MORE WORK!!! you hardly ever hear a "nice job" or "good work" comment, just "do this and do that", then, in their "team meetings" all you hear about is everything that was done wrong or what people screwed up. very degrading. I used to call them our screw up meetings. Lol. On top of all this, the CEO, Robert Hill is one greedy person. He vowed 2 years ago to turn what was an 800 million dollar company into a billion dollar company. which he did. want to know how? He fired a lot of people, issued a nation wide raise freeze (even for the very few people who were about to get so called "raises"), and issued a nation wide hiring freeze. even if people quit and a department was extremely low staffed like ours, customer service, was. instead of hiring anyone they just piled on the work, and absolutely NO OVERTIME! and if you don't handle the work you are overloaded with, you get written up. Therefore many of us didn't even take our breaks, or worked through some of our lunch or stayed late off the clock! just so we could keep our jobs! Oh, I forgot to mention the biggest thing Mr. Hill did to make this wonderful company a billion dollar company. he OUTSOURCED tons of jobs to INDIA!!! And this at a time where our nation's president Mr. Obama asked companies to keep jobs here where we need them, in America, to help our economy. do you think Mr. Greedy Hill cared???

treat people with much more dignity and respect. stop degrading and demeaning your people! treat us the way would want to be treated. Maybe try a day or a week in our shoes, literally. Do our jobs and see how you feel. and keep in mind the pay we get. Also fight for us a little more. stand up for the employees who are doing a good job. be on our side for once, try to get someone a raise! Make us feel good about the job we are doing, motivate us, energize us, be creative! don't focus on only the negative things in meetings, and oh yeah, get rid of the stupid "team building" exercises in our meetings, since we are not much of a team anyway they are useless. Also for the senior management people who supervise our supervisors... there are some of you who are ok to talk to and are approachable but many are not, try to work on this a little. Also go a little easy on our supervisors, they are highly overworked as well. I'm sure you don't want talented people leaving the company. thanks.

There are newer employer reviews for Acosta